Which hydraulic system operates the landing gear?
What does a combination green and red light indication in the main landing gear
lights indicate when illuminated on the ground?
Main gear door lock pin and safety hook installed.
What actuates the ground sensing system?
Compressing and extension on the nose gear strut.
With the gear handle in the up position, what condition will cause an unsafe main
- Either main gear door not closed or nose gear and centerline gear is not retracted
- position with lock link over center.
What is the function of the Center Gear Isolation switch?
Permits gear extension without extending the center gear
What indications will you have if below 1200 RA and the speed is below 210, throttle
retarded to idle and the gear not extended?
- The gear red lights will illuminate and the warning horn will sound but can be
When can the gear warning horn no longer be silenced?
- When the gear is not down and locked and the flaps are extended to 30 degrees or
What hydraulic systems power the brakes?
Hydraulic system #1 and #3
Where is the brake pressure displayed?
On the brake control panel.
What is required to arm the autobrake system?
Anti-skid on, and #1 IRU and #2 IRU operational.
What happens when the throttle #1 or #2 is advanced for takeoff with the parking
The takeoff warning horn sounds.
During a rejected takeoff, and the ABS selected to T.O., what levels of braking
Above 100 knots max braking/below 100 knots min braking.
When the autobrake system has been activated, when will it disarm automatically?
- When #1 or #3 throttle is advanced beyond 5 degrees travel or depressing brake
- pedals more than 90 degrees of travel for max breaking.
How can autobraking be interrupted once activated, without disarming the system?
By stowing the ground spoilers handle.
When any LAND position is selected on the autobrake control panel, when will the
brakes automatically be applied?
- When the spoiler handle is deployed, automatically or manually, with the throttles
- retarded to idle and the brake pedals released.
When is locked wheel protection not provided?
At speeds of 25 knots or less.
Is anti-skid protection available with only accumulator?
When is the anti-skid system tested?
- a) A power off test is performed when the gear is extended or the Anti-skid is
- cycle from off to on.
- b) A continuous self-test is performed whenever power is supplied to the antiskid
- control unit.
When applying the brakes manually, when is the anti-skid system most effective?
With full pedal application.
What hydraulic systems power the nose wheel steering?
Systems 1 and 3.
What effect will the complete failure of system 1 and 3 have on the nose wheel
Nose wheel steering will be limited in the direction of the inop system.
What effect does deploying the alternate gear extension handle have on the nose
Nose gear steering will be inoperative.
What happens if there is a hydraulic failure in the bogie trim system?
An interlock will prevent moving the gear handle to the up position.
What is the purpose of the tire failure warning system?
- To allow the crew to continue the takeoff, knowing that the vibration is a tire failure
- not an engine failure.
If the anti-skid is inop, will the ABS operate?
The configuration display shows numbers inside the tire symbols and numbers
outside the tires. What do these numbers signify?
- Inside…Tire pressure
- Outside… Brake temperature
When the landing gear is extended using the alternate extension lever, will the gear