For specific backyard burning regulations outside the City of Portland, you request information from
Types of Outdoor burning guidelines within the city that are legal.
- Cooking with standard barbecue equipment
- Ceremonial fires
- Recreational fires
ceremonial fire- what do you need
- permit from fire marshal
- authorization from the property owner, needs to be signed, dated, and presented when applying for permit
Recreational fire- define
- clean, dry, cord type firewood.
- build in a pit or pan
- fire must not be larger than 3 feet diameter and pile less than 2 feet height.
1.general rules that apply to legal, recreational fires.
no closer than____ from a structure
fires contained in a fireplace-type receptacles shall be no closer than____
When required by the fire marshal, outdoor burning device tacks shall be equipped with_____
2. Cease burning if wind picks up to ____
3. Smoke must not be ______ or _____
- 25 feet
- 15 feet from structure
- s[arl-arresting,12gauge wire not less than 3/8 nor more than 1/2
- 15 mph
- noxious quality or amounts.