What does LOK exam Stand for?
Level of Knowledge exam
Who selects personnel taking LOK exams? How do they do this?
ATG uses the ship’s watchbills and watchstander qualifications in RADM to select those taking the exams
Who proctors LOK exams?
Exams are proctored by ATG Personnel or a trusted agent from the ship, typically the Training Team.
What is the WRTP?
Watch Team Replacement Plan
What is the purpose of the WRTP
Provides means of identifying loss/replacement of critical watch stations.
How far ahead does the WRTP look? Why?
Watch Organization extends one year into future to preclude changes that adversely affect the team.
What does the WRTP tie in with? How?
Ties in with PQS program and Training Plans to ensure PQS and training requirements support WTRP, Ensures required personnel are identified / qualified prior to assignment.
How are Personnel shortfalls with respect to NEC’s/Schools documented?
What does PQS stand for?
Personnel Qualification System
What does the PQS system do?
Provides references, theories, and practical applications necessary to learn a specific watch station and provides chain of command with a means to monitor individual progress.
How many training teams are ships required to establish?
- Anti-Terrorism Training Team (ATTT)
- Combat Systems Training Team (CSTT)
- Engineering Training Team (ETT)
- Damage Control Training Team (DCTT)
- Seamanship Training Team (STT)
- Aviation Training Team (ATT)
- Medical Training Team (MTT)
- Visit, Board, Search and Seizure Training Team (VBSSTT)
- Integrated Training Team (ITT)
How are training team members designated?
In writing by the CO
What is the difference between a drill and a scenario?
- A Drill is defined as the actual task(s) to be performed.
- A Scenario is defined as the environment where the drill will be performed
What is a Cold check?
COLD CHECK: Verifying locations, numbers, materials, insertions procedures, symptoms, restoration, reconfiguration procedures and casualty initiation procedures. Drill card is reviewed for accuracy. ORM procedures will be incorporated.
What is a Hot check?
HOT CHECK: Process in which a cold checked exercise is conducted on operational equipment for validation. All equipment and watch station personnel manning must be IAW specified drill guide condition of readiness/ crew watch condition. NEED TO BE AUTHORIZED BY THE COMMANDING OFFICER
What are the safety requirements during training?
- Firefighting/safety equipment
- Repair lockers are properly stowed
- Test training event communication circuits
- Ensure escape trunks, doors, and hatches are unobstructed
- Review tag-out log to ensure equipment which may impact event are not degraded
- Observe space temperature for excess of 100 degrees
- Check for missile hazards
- Check deck plates/tiles to ensure they are securely fastened
- Ensure ladders are properly hinged or attached
- Ensure personnel protective equipment is properly installed/worn.
- Ensure equipment configuration is as briefed
- Ensure all weapons are downloaded and/or in a safe to train
What does FST-U stand for?
Fleet Synthetic Training-Unit
What is FST-U?
FST-U is a mandatory scenario-based, objective-driven, multi-day event conducted by ATG to complete unit tactical training and mission area certification requirements.