- Let us worship God
- atraves del cual, por el que por medio del cual
- I'm instating a new policy whereby we play Madonna's greatest hit.
- The head of the department resigned after he was suspected of blackmail.
- Threatening to reveal someone's secret unless they do whatever you want is blackmail!
- Admitir, reconocer
- I acknowledge that I could have made better decisions.
- The father acknowledged his paternity of the child, based on a strong physical resemblance.
- Escuchar por casualidad
- I overheard rumors that Martha is selling her car
- Descuidado, desarreglado
- Robert is a sloopy worker, he never takes care over what he does
- Mary felt better after having a weep
- the man was weeping in a corner of the waiting room
Mind your own business
- Meterse en sus asuntos
- Why don't you just mind your own business?
- alacena, armario
- Harry sleeps in a cupboard under the stairs
- Ensayo, practica
- Henry asked his friends to listen to a rehearsal of his speech and give him feedback
Good deed (did)
- Buena acción
- Have you done any good deed lately, like donating blood
This is not a drill
Esto no es un simulacro
- Used to refer to a relation, friend, or object that you have not seen for along time
- My long-lost cousin.
- Barney's brother, James, finally met his long lost father, Sam, Who turned out to be a reverend
- Resulto ser, presentarseNot many people turned out to vote on election day
Get back together
restart a relationship
- Doing something that needs to be done, or trying tosolve a problem
- ~ We need help with web design." "Don't worry, I'm on it."
- Conspirar, plan, estrategia
- The officials schemed against the president.
Aparecer, exponer, ser visible
- He has acquired a reputation for being difficult to work with.
Corredor de bienes raíces
- Dusk is my favourite time of day.
- Reavivar, encender de nuevo
- The two lovers rekindled their passion after being separated for several years.
- Portarse mal
- The girl misbehave in church and were sent out
- Después, más tarde
- Let's eat and go to the movies afterwards
Seize the day
- Vive el día
- My dad was always telling me seize the day- you won't be young forever.
- Espeluznante, que da miedo
- The old, abandoned house was spooky; John was sure it must be haunted.
- Cuidar de
- Who will look after the children while we're away?
disposición, arreglo, adorno floral
- Tho government is working on impocing access to public transport for disabled people
- Mary did the ironing after the washing
- I need to iron a shirt for work.
- Do you know how to iron?
- Despegar, partir, salir
- This train always departs on time
- Stephen aimed carefully and prepared to fire.
- The soldier aimed his rifle and fired.
- llevarse bien
- Sarah and her new roomate get on well together
- She'e been trying to maintain her weight
- Primera mano
- Not a all, and I know that firsthand.
That most people know
- He is going to undergo heart surgery on Wednesday.
- Dañino, nocivo
- Cigarettes are full of harmful chemical
- cuota, honorario, tarifa
- Unerversity fee
- There is a fee for getting you driving license
- Boy, sure is really especially beautiful day out there today, huh?
- Look at the level of craftsmanship in this wood carving! It's so intricate.
- "I admire his engineering skills and craftsmanship"
- Local artisans will be selling their handcraft at the festival
- Said to show that you are repeating someone else's words, especially if you do not agree
- She says they're quote "just good friends" unquote.
- Ok, son 2 oficiales de policía y uno de ellos cita las palabras del Alcalde quien les dio una orden que no les agradó:
-"He wants the responsible in custody by nightfall, quote unquote"
- -"I get it, if this happens there, could happen anywhere and no one is safe, quote unquote. Is that it?"
Silly of folish person
As for you
En cuanto a ti
- You will paid when you've fulfilled your contractual obligation
eslogan, lema, latiguillo
- Gastar, agotar
- We've expended a great deal of time and effort on this project.
Get rid of
- Deshacerse de
- You need to get rid of those pants, you never wear them any more
huir, run away from place or situacion of danger
- The binding of book is falling apart (desarmarse)
- Cheaply made umbrella fall apart quickly
- It is important noy fall apart when things don't go exactly your way.
- asombrar, pasmar
- The cost of the wedding truly astonished me
- Mero, simple, solo
- used to emphasize that something is not large or important:
- The plane crashed mere minutes after take-off.It cost a mere 20 dollars.
- puntadas, puntos de sutura
- Marilyn sewed up* the rip in her skirt with *neat stitches.
- The cut on Gareth's head needed a stitch.
- *sew up: coser /soʊ/
- *Neat, nítido, quisquilloso /niːt/
- Dan was a very neat person and didn't like mess.
- estante, repisa
- Put the spaces (/spaɪs/) on the shelf
- The book are lined up nealtly on the office shelf
Gatecrash /ˈɡeɪt.kræʃ/ gatecrash [sth]
- To go to a party or other event when you have not been invited.
- He decided to gatecrash the wedding.
- The mayor had thick* sideburns and a large nose.
- *Grueso, abundante
The soft round at the bottom of the ear
- they're the worst sort of muggle
to confort someone
Make a wish
- pide un deseo
- Look, a shooting star! Make a wish!
- He was killed in a car crash.
- Ira, indignación
- a shocking, morally unacceptable, and usually violent action
- Hilary's outrage grew when she read about the latest atrocities.
- people, parents
- non magic folks
I'm all set
Used for saying that you do not need anything, especially food, when someone offers you something
Hand me down
- a piece of clothing that someone has given to a younger personbecause they no longer want it.
- I got fed up with having to wear my sister's hand-me-downs.
- Poner en orden
- My son needs to sort out the clothes in the closet.
- she needs to sort out her priorities
With me so far?
Do you understand?
- snot/mucus = mojado.
- booger = seco.
musculoso, fornido, corpulento
valla, cerca, verja
- Marion has a tabby kitten
Mejorar estado de animo
- severo, rígido
- Alice's father was a stern man who expected his children to obey him at all times.
- The teacher gave the misbehaving student a stern look.
- curiosamente, extrañamentre
- Odd: raro, extraño
- Hablar entre dientes, mascullar, balbucear
- I can't uderstand Lucy when she numbles
- cartera. Fruncir
- he pured his lips as if about to kiss someone
- No poder dormir, mantenerse despierto
- I lay awake most of the night worrying. I miss you and sometimes lie awake at night thinking of you.