name tag requirements (3)
- 1) 18 point font
- 2) name
- 3) license status
key to the pharmacy?
only a pharmacist, no interns!
PIC changed, report to the board when?
30 days (1 month)
PIC completes every other year what?
- self-assessment form - odd numbered years in July
- keep for 3 years
- changes in PIC or new permit - do this in 30 days
SB 493 extra duties?
administer drugs and biologics as ordered, furnish self-administered hormonal contraceptives, independently initiate and administer immunizations 3 years and older, order and interpret tests
to be a California licensed pharmacist:
- 1) 18 years old +
- 2) ACPE accredited OR grad of foreign + FPGEC
- 3) 1500 hours of pharmacy practice experience
- 4) CPJE + NAPLEX
- 1) 30 hours every 2 years
- 2) ends last day of birth month
- 3) first 20year cycle exempt
- 4) keep for 4 years!!!
- 5) $12 for CURES
optometrist can prescribe
- T at the end of license
- max 3 day of codeine/hydrocodone products
5 US territories to treat as "out-of-state"
Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, D.C.
Expiration dates on a label
manufacturer's or 1 year from dispensed
50% of the label in at least 12 point font SANS serif - 4 things!
- 1) name of patient
- 2) name of drug (brand or generic + manufacturer)
- 3) directions
- 4) dx or purpose
patient package inserts
- for estrogen-containing products!
- each time including refills
- institutional setting - first dose and every 30 days
- watch for clotting risk!
Therapeutically equivalent book
Orange book, AB ratings
Common classes of therapeutic interchange programs
antacids, H2-blockers, PPI, ACE/ARB, K+ supplements, hypnotics, quinolones, 1-3 gens of cephs, statins, insulins, topical steroids, laxatives, stool softeners
12 hours of notice