5 Axis of mental disorders
- Axis 1 - psychiatric illness
- Axis 2 - personality disorders
- Axis 3 - physical conditions
- Axis 4 - psychosocial stressors
- Axis 5 - global assessment of fn
Personality disorders - cluster A?
- 'schizophrenia continuum':
- 'odd eccentric'
Personality disorders - cluster B?
- 'psychopathic continuum':
- 'dramatic, emotional, erratic'
Personality disorders - cluster C?
- 'neurotic continuum':
- 'anxious or fearful'
DSM - Axis I groups of disorders
- disorders usually first diagnoses in infancy, childhood or adolescence
- delirium, dementia, & amnestic and other cognitive disorders
- mental disorders due to a general medical condition not elsewhere classified
- substance-related disorders
- schizophrenia and other psychotic diorders
- mood disorders
- anxiety disorders
- somatoform disorders
- factitious disorders
- dissociative disorders
- sexual and gender identity disorders
- eating disorders
- sleep disorders
- impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified
- adjustment disorder
- other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention
- Panic disorder (w or w/o agoraphobia)
- Social phobia
- Specific phobia
- Adjustment disorder w anxiety
- Mixed anxiety depressive disorder
DSM-IV criteria for depression
at least 5/9 during same 2/52 period
@least 1, low mood or anhedonia
- Concentration is poor
- Eating change (or wt loss or gain)
- Sleeping change (insomnia or hypersomnia)
- Pity (feeling worthless or innappropriate guilt)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Mood lowered