- how someone views the world
- God, man, sin, salvation, world
- General & Specific
- Conditional Clauses (if...then)
- Means (by which something is accomplished)
- Action/role (God's role is..., Man's role is...)
- Purpose statements
Q's of Application:
- What can I fix in my life?
- What does the passage say about Christ?
- What does the passage say about Heaven?
- How should I react to my surroundings?
- External evidence: quality (age) & character of manuscripts
- Internal evidence: errors likely to be made by copists
- textual choices are made
- Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic
- idea for idea (paraphrase)
- understandable, normal English
Theory of Translation:
how we determine to translate verses (formal, functional, free)
- weights, measures, money
- word plays