What is Cantlie’s lineQ?
- Cantlie’s line describes a 75 angle with a horizontal planeQ
- It extends from the gallbladder fossa to the left side of the IVCQ.
What is Portal Triad Relations?
- • CBD laterallyQ
- • Portal vein posteriorlyQ
- • Hepatic artery mediallyQ
What is Mickey Mouse View?
The ultrasound image of hepatic artery, bile duct and portal vein is in a configuration, referred as Mickey Mouse ViewQ
Location of Caudate lobe (segment I)?
It lies between the left portal vein and the IVC and extends to the hepatic venous confluenceQ.
Unique features of Caudate lobe?
- • It receives blood supply from both the right and left portal pediclesQ
- • Bile drain into both right and left hepatic ductQ
- • Venous drainage is directly into IVCQ
What are Kupffer cells?
These are the cells derived from the macrophage-monocyte system, line line the sinusoids
What are Hepatic Stellate Cells?
- Hepatic stellate cells / Ito cells are cells high in lipid content Q
- Found in the space of DisseQ
- Major function: Vitamin A storage and synthesis of extracellular collagenQ
• Right and left halves of the liver is delineated by?
Plane through the MHV and IVCQ.
Right portal fissure contains?
RHVQ, Right portal fissure describe an angle of 40 degree with the transverse planeQ.
Left portal fissure contains?
Sectors in the right lobe?
- −− Anteromedial sector: Segment V anteriorly and segment VIII posteriorlyQ
- −− Posterolateral sector: Segment VI anteriorly and segment VII posteriorlyQ
Sectors in the left lobe?
- −− Anterior sector is divided by the umbilical fissure into segment IV and segment IIIQ
- −− Posterior sector is comprised of only one segment, segment II Q,
- the only sector composed of a single segment)Q
Content of Umbilical fissure?
It is not a scissuraQ, does not contain a hepatic vein, but contains the left portal triad.
What is Falciform Ligament?
- The plane passing through the falciform ligament passes through the left lobe
- It divides the left lobe into a medial segment (segment IV) and lateral segment (segment II and III)Q
Other name for segment I and segment IV?
- Segment I: Caudate lobeQ
- Segment IV: Quadrate lobeQ
What is Weight of liver?
- 1800 gm in men and 1400 gm in womenQ
- Account for 4% of body weight, consumes about 28% of total body blood flow and 20% of the total oxygen consumed by the bodyQ
Total blood flow in liver?
Storage of glycogen in liver?
Maximum of 65 gm of glycogen/kg of liver tissueQ.
Free hepatic vein pressure?
1-2 mm HgQ
Normal portal and hepatic vein pressure?
5-10 mm HgQ.
Rate of blood supply by Hepatic artery and portal vein?
- Hepatic artery - 30 mL/min per 100 gm of liver tissue, 25% of total flow in liver
- Portal vein - 90 mL/min per 100 gm liver tissue, 75% of total flow in liver
Formation of Fascial plates of Liver Hilus?
- • The fascial plate is formed by: cystic, hilar and umbilical plate Q
- • Hepatic veins lack endoabdominal fascial investment Q