5 GT Engine Start Permissives
- 1. GG Speed less than 300 RPM
- 2. L/O Resevoir greater than 36 liters
- 3. SSS Clutch Cover Closed
- 4. Clutch Lock out tool in place
- 5. Bleed Air Valves Closed
5 more GT Engine Start Permissives
- 1. Hydraulic Starter Ready
- 2. FOCM Ready
- 3. TIC at Idle
- 4. Turning Gear Disengaged
- 5. MRG L/O Pressure @ 1.2 Bar
5 Signals that Battle Override will Override
- 1. PT High Vib Emergency Override
- 2. GG High Vib Emergency Override
- 3. GT Lube Oil Pressure Override
- 4. Fire Stop Override
- 5. Cooling System Fail Override
API Gravity (Definition)
- API gravity is a measure of how heavy or light a petroleum liquid is compared to water.
- If its API gravity is greater than 10, it is lighter and floats on water; if less than 10, it is heavier and sinks.
Absence of particulate
absence of free water, with no discernible haziness or cloudiness
Flash Point (Definition)
The flash point is the lowest temperature a lubricant must be heated to before its vapor, when mixed with air, will ignite but not continue to burn.
When is lube oil tested onboard LCS?
- Daily: Viscosity or fuel dilution/thickening using flostick
- Weekly: Or when oil is in warning or unacceptable condition
- Onload: Clear & Bright, Viscosity (Kittywake)
All Lube Oil Logs shall be retained for
When do we test fuel?
- When we receive it
- In storage
- Transferring to service (Fuel Separator)
- Filter Separator Sump
What is a Hazardous Noise Area?
- Any work area or equipment where the sound pressure level (SPL) is 85 dB(A) or above (continuous or intermittent)
- Or any work area or equipment where the sound pressure level (SPL) is 140 dB (P) or greater (impulse or impact)
Ear Pro Requirements
- Single Ear Pro Requirements
- 85 dB(A) - 96 dB(A)
- 140 dB (P) - 165 dB (P)
- Double Ear Pro Requirements
- 96 dB (A) or greater
- 165 dB (P) or greater