- • Outline the reasons for aircrew medical assessments.
- • Describe the administrative process of the SPECAHE and Initial Aircrew Medical Examination, including documents and references.
- • Describe clinical examinations that are important in the SPECAHE and Initial Aircrew Medical.
- • Describe common medical problems screened for at the aircrew medical.
- • Describe an approach to medical problems not screened for at the aircrew medical.
- • Describe the routine examination of aircrew, examination of aircrew applicants, and the SPECAHE process.
Initial Aircrew Medical Examinations?
Aircrew may enter directly or transfer from other trades?
Medical assessment outcomes?
- • Class 1 = Fit
- • Class 2 = Fit with restrictions
- • Class 3 = Pending specialist information
- • Class 4 = Unfit
- • First, thoroughly review the documented history!
- • Next, thoroughly review the member’s documents!
- • Finally, check the member’s documents for any relevant past problems!
- Medical history questionnaire & examination – PHE-SPEC
- • Anthropometry
- • Dental
- • Ophthalmology + colour
- • ENT
- • ECG
- • Bloods – HIV, HBV, HCV serology, FBC, lipids, FBSL
- • Audiometry
- • Spirometry
- • Tests valid for 12 months
Conditions of relevance often missed?
- • Visual Standard/Hearing Standard
- • Depression
- • Asthma
- • Headache/Migraine/Head Injury
- • Dental