actus reus 2.01(2)
- The following are not voluntary acts within the meaning of this section:
- (a) a reflex or convulsion
- (b)a bodily movement during unconsciousness or sleep
- (c) conduct during hypnosis or resulting form of hypnotic suggestion
- 9d) a bodily movement that otherwise is not a product of the effort or determination of the actor, either conscious or habitual
mens rea 2.02(1)
Minimum requirements of culpability. A person is not guilty of an offense unless he acted purposely, knowingly, recklessly or negligently, as the law may require, with respect to each material element of the offense.
mens rea 2.02(2)
- Mental states(a)purposely(b)knowingly, (c)recklessly or (d)negligently.
- for abc prosecution has to prove def had mental state when the crime was committed.
- for d prosecution has to prove reasonable person would have known
mens rea 2.02(3)
culpability required unless otherwise provided. When the culpability sufficient to establish a material element of an offense is not prescribed by law, such element is established if a person actspurposely, knowingly, recklessly with respect thereto.
mens rea 2.02(7)
requirement of knowledge satisfied by knowledge of a high probability. When knowledge or existence of a particular fact is an element of an offense, such knowledge is established if a person is aware of a high probability of its existence, unless he actually believes that it does not exist.
mistake of law 2.04(3)(b)(iv)
- a belief that conduct does not legally constitute an offense is a defense to a prosecution for that offense based upon such conduct when:
- (b) he acts in reasonable reliance upon an official statement of the law, afterward determined to be invalid or erroneous, contained in (i)statute or other enactment(ii) judicial decision opinion or judgment(iii)an administrative order or grant of permission or(iv) an official interpretation of the public officer or body charged by law with responsibility for the interpretation, administration, or enforcement of the law defining the offense