Act 1 scene 9
Sitting at desk, Emile sitting down and continuing the conversation
- Now before you give your answer I want to impress upon you three things.
- First, you are a civilian and you don't have to go.
- Seconded, this is a very dangerous mission and there's no guarantee that you'll survive or that it will do any good.
- Third, that it might do a great good. It might be the means of turning the war in this area.
I understand all these things.
Are you ready to give your answer?
Yes I am. My answer is no.....I know that island well Lt Cable. I am not certain that I believe that what you ask me to do is...
- We are asking you to help us lick the Jap.
- It's as simple as that.
- We are against the Japs.
Emile: I know what you are against but what are you for?
....Good day gentlemen..........cable.. Emile...
Harbison: ... Point is we can be dammed sure it'll be worse if we lose. Can't we? Well can't we?
- Of course.
- Cable, there's a bottle of Scotch in my bottom drawer.
- See you tomorrow.