One trait of __ is a body covering called fur.
The features a young animal gets from its parents are called ___.
- Animals __ their traits from their parents.
- Animals that begin life in water and later live on land are ___.
__ have bodies covered with feathers.
- Reptiles and fish have ____
Scales make it easy for __ to glide through the water.
- Young amphibians and fish use ____ to take in oxygen.
- __ have dry, scaly skin.
Evidence of a plant or animal that lived long ago is a __
- When all of one kind of organism dies, the organism is ___
- If the numbers of an organism are going down, the organism is ___
A specific scientific name identifies a __ of an organism.
An __ species may become extinct.
To Live all ANIMALS need ___, ____, ___ and ____
Food, water, air, shelter
Young reptiles ____
can meet their needs as soon as they are born
Which kind of animal feeds its young with milk from its body?
What kind of shelter do beavers build?
If all the individuals of a species are dead, the species is ___
traits of birds
- 2 legs
- 2 wings
- lay eggs
traits of mammals
- fur or hair
- live young
- feed with milk from mother
traits of reptiles
- dry scales
- hatch from eggs or born live
- young can meet needs as soon as they are born
- begin life in water,
- land as adults
- lay eggs in water
- thin, moist skin
- NO scales
changes the frog goes through from egg to tadpole to adult frog