What is MLLOP?
MPDE Loss of L/O Pressure
What are the indications of MLLOP?
- L/O header pressure 70-85 psi
- Rocker arm L/O pressure 20-30 psi
- L/O low pressure alarm 58 psi
- Rocker arm L/O low pressure alarm 10 psi
- L/O header low pressure shutdown 50 psi
- Engine noise increases
NOTE: When can the combustion air shutoff be used?
Only if the electronic and mechanical E-stops fail
NOTE: What happens to the engine if its stopped without allowing time for cooldown?
may cause damage to the engine
NOTE: When is the best time to bar over the engine after a MLLOP casualty?
At earliest opportunity
NOTE: What actions to take prior to barring of over an engine?
- Locally start the main L/O pump 70-85 psi
- Locally start the rocker arm L/O pump 20-30 psi
NOTE: When can you stop the L/O pumps?
When the engine has come to a complete stop
NOTE: How long can a L/O pump run after engine shutdown?
No more than 10 min
What is the Controlling Actions of MLLOP?
What is the Immediate Actions of the PACC?
- EOOW, loss of L/O pressure _ main engine; E-stopping _ main engine.
- Stop affected main engine. Verify clutch disengaged
- Stop main L/O pump (select MANUAL then STOP)
- Shift thrust control to CCS
- Place affected shaft in TRAILING
- EOOW, thrust control shifted from pilothouse to CCS. _ main engine stopped, clutch is disengaged, _ shaft trailing ,ECS is in trailing mode.
What is the Immediate Actions of the EOOW?
- IMC, Loss of L/O pressure _ main engine. CRT, lay to (space), report manned and ready.
- OOD, loss of L/O pressure _ main engine. _ main engine stopped.
- Order PACC/ to stop L/O purifier.
- OOD, _ main engine stopped and _ shaft trailing. Thrust control shifted to CCS. Maximum speed available _ knots.
What is the Immediate Actions of the Rover/CRT?
- Manned and ready.
- Verify _ main engine clutch has automatically disengaged. If not, manually disengage/dump the air to _ main engine.
- EOOW, _ main engine clutch is disengaged.
- Stop _ L/O purifier.
- EOOW, _ L/O purifier stopped.
- Man firefighting equipment.