What is the EOCC procedure for SSDG crankcase explosion?
What are the indications for MDGCE?
- High crankcase pressure
- High crankcase pressure alarm - .1450 psi
- Loud explosion and heavy smoke
- Engine stops immediately
What is the controlling action?
What are the Immediate Actions of the Rover/CRT?
- EOOW, Crankcase explosion No. _ SSDG.
- Manned and ready.
- Investigate for systems integrity, report, Systems intact/not intact.
- Isolate F/O to affected SSDG by tripping F/O service quick-closing valve
- Report, Firefighting equipment manned.
What are the Immediate Actions of the EOOW?
- IMC, Crankcase explosion, No. _ SSDG. CRT, lay to space.
- OOD, Crankcase explosion No. _ SSDG.
- OOD/CSOOW, lost of __ bus.
- OOD, Crankcase Explosion No. _ SSDG, No. _ SSDG E-stopped. Electrical plant configuration is __. Fire fighting equipment manned.
What are the Immediate Actions of the EPCC?
- If SSDG does not E-stopped on crankcase high pressure, then E-stop SSDG. Verify GCB opens.
- If standby gen does not auto start at 90%, then start SSDG.
- EOOW, No. _ SSDG E-stopped, No. _ SSDG place online. Electrical plant configuration is __, with ships load of _ amps and _ kw on port bus, _ amps and _ kw on stbd bus.
- NOTE: if SSDG on the unaffected bus will be affected by the securing of fuel, E-STOP SSDG and start/parallel another one.