What is MCBF?
Class Bravo Fire in Propulsion Plant
WARNING: What actions to take if the fire has NOT been extinguished after 4 minutes of AFFF sprinkling flow, then risk to unprotected watchstander is considered high?
WARNING: What actions to take if supply of AFFF is depleted before the fire is extinguished.
NOTE: How to set a Positive Ventilation?
All supply fans on HIGH, all exhaust fans on OFF.
NOTE: How to set a Negative Ventilation?
All supply fans on LOW, all exhaust fans on HIGH.
What are the Controlling Actions of the Rover/CRT?
- Should EEBD.
- EOOW, Class B fire in _ MMR/AMR por/stbd side (extent of fire and source. Attempting to fight the fire.
- Manned and ready.
- Activate AFFF bilge sprinkling.
- Activate AFFF hose reel and PKP portable fire extinguisher and take aggressive actions to fight fire.
- Affected space, secure source of L/O and F/O.
- L/O and F/O system isolated.
- Class B is out, reflash watch is set.
- Secure AFFF when:
- Fire is out and AFFF sprinkling has operated for at least one minute of flow.
- Space has been evacuated and AFFF sprinkling has operated or at least one minute of flow.
- AFFF sprinkling has operated for four minutes of flow and the space has been evacuated.
What are the Controlling Actions of the EPCC?
- Start STBY SSDG in unaffected space.
- Parallel STBY SSDG with affected SSDG.
- Remove electrical load and stop affected SSDG.
- EOOW, _ SSDG stopped, _ SSDG place online. Electrical plant configuration is _ with ships load of _ amps and _ kw on port/stbd bus.
What are the Controlling Actions of the EOOW?
- IMC, Class B fire in _ MMR/AMR, set condition 2 DC, man repair locker _.
- OOD, Class B fire in _ MMR/AMR.
- Order non-essential personnel to evacuate space.
- Order CRT to report.
- Establish comms with repair organization.
- AUX space - order EPCC to start SSDG in unaffected space.
- Coordinate with repair organization to perform the following:
- Man Affected AFFF station.
- Set fire and smoke boundaries.
- Isolate affected space with the exception of firefighting equipment, lighting, and ventilation.
- Order DCCO to set positive ventilation in unaffected MMR/AMR and negative ventilation in affected space.