Precautions and PPE:
- M (my): measles
- Chicken (chicken): chicken pox + contact
- Hez (has): herpes zoster + contact
- TB (tb): tuberculosis
- Private Room
- (N)egative pressure with 6-12 air exchanges/hr Mask, (N)95 for TB
Pt wears surgical mask if transporting.
- S: strep pharyngitis
- P: pertussis/pneumonia
- I: influenza
- D: diptheria
- E: epiglottis
- R: rubella
- M: mumps, mycoplasmosis, meningitis, meningococcal
- A: adenovirus + contact
Wear mas when entering, discard when leaving.
Notify place of trans. of isolation precautions and surgical mask on Pt.
- M: MRSA/VRE, MDROS
- R: resp infection (parainfluenza virus)
- W: wound infection
- E: enteric/eye infections (cdiff/conjunctivities.
- H: herpes simplex/hemorrhagic fever.
- I: impetigo
- P: pediculosis (lice)
- S: scabies, stapphylococcus/streptococcus
gown & gloves
Dedicate direct-care equipment to patient ONLY. If common equip is used, disinfect between Pts.