The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- ↑ with inflammation/infection.
- ↓ with anemia, viral infection, chemotherapy.
Red blood cells (RBC)
- Female= 4.2-5.4 million/mm³
- Male= 4.7-6.1 million/mm³
- ↑ with chronic hypoxia or polycythemiea.
- ↓ with anemia, hemorrhage.
- Female= 37-47 ml/dL.
- Male= 42-52 ml/dL.
- ↑ With dehydration
- ↓ With ↓ RBC or normal Hgb + h2o overload.
Hemoglobin (Hgb or Hb)
- Female= 12-16 g/dL.
- Male= 14-18 g/dL.
↓ Hgb with iron deficiency/anemia or bleeding.
- ↑ with polycythemia or cancer
- ↓ with ↓ RBC, anemia, or normal Hgb + H2O overload.