You see the following results in the command prompt. What
command did you just type? Resolved By Broadcast = 0 Resolved By Name Server =
0 Registered By Broadcast = 9 Registered By Name Server = 0 a. nbtstat
b. nbtstat –RR
c. nbtstat –R
d. nbtstat –s
You need to add the IP address 192.168.1.1 to the network
- adapter via the command line. It also needs to have a gateway address of
- 192.168.1.100. The command you should type is _________.
- Netsh interface ip add address name=”Local Area
192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.100
You are troubleshooting a computer that is making strange
- connections to the Internet on its own. The _________ command will show you the
- network sessions to various computers on the Internet.
Your boss wants you to download some manuals from an FTP site.
- He wants you to do so via the command line. The _________ command will allow
- you to accomplish this goal.
You are troubleshooting a server and decide to refresh the
- NetBIOS names. You type a command that yields the following results: The
- NetBIOS names registered by this computer have been refreshed. You typed the
- _________ command.
- Nbtstat -RR
You are told by your boss to empty the DNS cache of a computer
- and reconnect to the nearest DNS server. You need to type the _________ and
- _________ commands.
Your Windows client failed to broadcast to all servers that it
has accepted an IP address offer. What step is this in the four-step DORA
You are in charge of setting up a DHCP server to hand out IP
addresses and other IP-related information. Which of the following cannot be
obtained from a DHCP server?
a. IP address
b. MAC address
c. DNS server address
d. Gateway address
Proseware, Inc., wants you to scan servers for DHCP activity.
Which ports should you be looking for?
a. 53 and 54
b. 80 and 443
c. 20 and 21
d. 67 and 68
67 and 68
A co-worker asks for your help in analyzing a problem with a
DHCP server. The server’s scope has been created and the IP range appears to be
valid, yet no clients are obtaining IP addresses. What could be the reason for
a. The server was not authorized.
b. The scope was not activated.
c. The scope was not authorized.
d. The server is down.
- The scope was not
The IT director has asked you set up a computer to acquire an IP
address from a newly configured DHCP server. Which of the following is the best
command to use?
a. ping -n
b. ipconfig /renew
c. ipconfig /release
d. ping -renew
You are troubleshooting a computer that cannot obtain the proper
IP address from a DHCP server. When you run ipconfig, the address 169.254.25.53
shows up in the results. What service is assigning the IP address to the
a. DHCP b. WINS
c. APIPA d. DNS
You have just scanned the ports of your server and see that port
3389 is open. What can you deduce from this?
a. The WINS service is running.
b. The DNS service is running.
c. Terminal Services is running.
d. RRAS is running.
Terminal Services is running.
Your boss asks you to take control of a server remotely from
within the GUI of the client OS. What is the proper tool to use?
a. Remote Desktop
You have been asked by a client to install a VPN server. Which
of the following services should be chosen in order to accomplish this?
Which protocol generates encryption and authentication keys that
are used by IPsec?
a. ESP b. AH
c. SA d. IPv6
The _________ service resolves host names to IP
The _________ service resolves NetBIOS names to IP addresses.
The _________ step in the DORA four-step process is when a
- client broadcasts out to the network in order to find a DHCP server.
When renewing a DHCP assigned IP address, usually _________
- steps of the DORA process are involved.
To install the DHCP service on a Windows Server 2008 computer,
- you would use the _________ section of the Server Manager.
By default, wired DHCP leases last for _________ days.
The _________ and _________ commands are useful when
- troubleshooting a client that is having difficulty obtaining an IP address from
- a DHCP server.
A client that has obtained an IP address of 169.254.10.175 is
- getting the IP address from _________.
_________ enables clients to connect to and take control of a
- Terminal Services (or
- Remote Desktop Services)
_________ networks take the place of direct dial-up connections
- by using the inherent power of the Internet.
- Virtual Private
You have been hired to install several routing protocols to a
group of routers. Which one of the following is not an example of a dynamic
You need to install the latest version of RIP on Windows Server
2008. Which version should you select?
a. Version 1
b. Version 2
c. Version 3
d. RIP does not have multiple versions
Proseware, Inc., has hired you to install a PAD (router) that
will enable a packet switched connection to the Internet. Which of the
following is an example of packet switching technology?
b. Frame Relay
A co-worker asks for your help installing a NAT server. What is
the best tool to use for this?
a. DNS b. RIP
c. ATM d. RRAS
The IT director has asked you to install a new demarc device.
What is he referring to? (Select the best answer.)
a. A router
b. A CSU/DSU
c. A switch
d. A server
You have been asked to troubleshoot a wide area networking
technology that has a maximum data transfer rate of 64 Kbps. What technology
will you be troubleshooting?
a. Frame Relay
The manager of IT has instructed you to install a PAD. To which
of the following devices is a PAD most similar?
Your boss asks you to have the organization’s ISP install a T1
line. What is the total speed or throughput of that line?
a. 1.536 Mbps
b. 1.544 Mbps
c. 1.5 Mbps
d. 15.35 Mbps
A customer wants to install an ISDN line for video conferencing.
Which of the following should you install?
A small business wants to ensure that its DSL Internet
connection uploads and downloads the same amount of information per second.
Which type of DSL should you install?
d. DSL Lite
You must install a routing protocol that monitors the network
- for routers that have changed their link state. The _________ protocol will
- allow you to accomplish this.
The _________ is a protocol that bases routing decisions on the
- network path and rules.
To enable dynamic routing, you have been instructed to install
- RIPv2. You should install this in the _________ snap-in.
A customer requires a high-speed packet switching alternative to
- X.25. In this situation, you should install _________.
- frame relay
X.25 connections utilize a clocking circuit. This makes them
You are analyzing Frame Relay frames and find that a message
- consisting of ten separate packets was sent over five different circuits. These
- five circuits together form a _________ circuit.
Your company just purchased a leased line that runs the Frame
- Relay service. The standard data rate for this service is known as _________.
A client wishes to upgrade her remote users from dial-up to a
- faster service. However, cable Internet and DSL are not available in the users’
- respective areas. Another valid alternative is to use _________.
A customer wants a WAN technology that does not use variable
- length packets but instead uses fixed length cells. You should recommend
A client with eight computers needs a cost-effective Internet
- solution that can transmit 128 Kbps. You should recommend _________.