The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
components of a good strategy
AFI-analysis, formulation and implementation
AFI - A - relevant framework - PESTEL
trends in the external environment
trends in the external environment - framework?
AFI - A - relevant framework - 5F and SCP
potential profitability of the industry
potential profitability of the industry- framework?
5F and SCP
external analysis framworks?
- competitive groups and industry dynamics
internal analysis- framework?
- core competencies and resource-based view
- VRIO framework
AFI - F - 2 levels?
business strategies and corporate strategy
AFI - F - business strategies?
How do u strategically position a single BU?
AFI - F - business strategies - what to consider?
- cost leadership vs differentiation vs integration
- innovation and entrepreneurship
AFI - F - corporate strategy?
how do you manage multiple BUs?
AFI - F - corporate strategy - what to consider?
- across industry (vertical integration, diversification)
- across org. boundaries (M&A, JVs, strategic alliance)
- across geographies
AFI - I - what is involved?
- formal structure
- informal culture
- governance, reward and control sys
superior performance relative to a relevant set of competitors
the set of goal-directed actions the firm takes to gain and sustain competitive advantage
AFI - Apple case's A
- PC commodification,
- Wintel standard,
- X internal focus
AFI - Apple case's F
- focus product line,
- prioritize mobile,
- seek new product development,
- integration across platforms,
- top-notch retail (differentiation)