The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is Creativity?
Creativity is to bring something new, to you, into being
Name the Three P’s of Creativity
- Person (traits, personality type, passion)
- Process (steps, stages, development)
- Product (design, innovation)
What are the The Characteristics of a Creative Person?
- They have vibrant, internally generated energy
- They Can Play and be Disciplined
- They can be in fantasy and in reality
- At times an introvert, other times an extrovert
- They take risks
- They are passionate
- They are open and aware
- They love to just create…
Name all four steps of the Creative Process: Wallas Model.
What are some of the The Emotional Challenges in Creating?
- 1.the fear of the beginning, the blank paper;
- 2.the sense of not knowing where you are going;
- 3.the challenge of mistakes;
- 4.the frustration of no inspiration;
- 5.the confusion in not knowing when you are finished;
- 6.the probing of whether you are happy with it;
- 7.the fear of showing your work in public.
Name some of the Joys in Creating.
- 1.a free flow while drawing?
- 2.not concerned with what you are doing, but simply in the joy of doing it?
- 3.was there a loss of a sense of time?
- 4.did you feel fully aware and in the moment?
- 5.did you experience heightened senses of touch, sight, sound, hearing?
- 6.did you have little concern with the end product, knowing that what you were doing in the moment was the value?
- 7.did you feel at any time as if you were being led?
- 8.did you feel a sense of play?
- 9.Did you feel excited from the sense of open adventure;
Name all four of the Creative Skills.
- Play, Spontaneity
- Creative Flow
Name all Four Creative Attitudes.
Name three Mindmapping Rules.
- Use landscape paper
- Start in the centre
- Free associate the ideas as they come
- One word per line
- Use images
- Use different colours
- Use curved lines
Name all Five Steps to the "Solve It" process.
- Determine the critical issue or opportunity
- Write a clear problem statement
- Generate ideas
- Get the best idea
- Write your vision
Name two of the benefits to "Solve It".
- It is fast
- It is right brain exploratory
- Can be used in any situation
- It creates a vision from an idea
- It is the foundation for a left brain
- Analytical next step
Name all four Brainstorming Rules.
- Defer judgment
- Build on others ideas
- Go for wild ideas
- Go for quantity
Define Divergent Thinking.
Free creative flow naming at least 15 ideas.
Define Convergent Thinking.
Judging and making decisions to select the best idea.
What is Criteria Based Assessment?
You determine a few basic criteria that are essential for whether an idea can work or not.
Define Solutions vs. Ideas.
Are ideas that are "powered up" and are assessed in terms of their strengths and weaknesses (and weaknesses resolved) and you have a preliminary action plan.
Name the five-step process of the Ideation Session Process.
- State the issue
- Define key assessment criteria
- Generate ideas
- Build the solution
- Create an action plan