- knees bent and close togther
Lower quadrant mobility - AROM/PROM:
- NM and M of motion during LTR
Weight of leg to determine side with impedence
- Efficient motion:- segmental return from superior to inferior to midline.
- - trunk elongation on side LTR awaying from.
- - trunk folding on side LTR towards.
- - should see no extension fulcrum.
Knee flexion mobility- half prone (norwegian position)
Hip mobility- block sacrum to assess (thomas position for restricted hip flexors)
- Pelvic mobility- can also assess with standing pelvic shear for sacrum and innominate to stay level:
- 1) sacral depression
- 2) innominate depression
- Trunk mobility
- - anterior and posterior structures, impeding efficient trunk elongation and folding.
- Lumbar mobility
- - PT position:
- 1) stand ipsilateral to the side LTR is happening towards.
- - assess:
- 1) SP is able to shear and rotate away.
- - segmental return of each lumbar segment to come to midline from cranial to caudal direction