Ships Store Afloat
- provide basic necessities
- Mark up for MWR
- Navy Cash
- Prevents theft
- Per day $25 max w/out PIN, unlimited with PIN.
30-45 days of food onboard without interruption of normal operation during extended underway or deployments
- Basic Daily Food Allowance
- $9.05 per day (20/40/40=B/L/D)
Rationing at Battle Stations
MRE and box lunches. Priority is repair lockers, combat, BDS, and GQ stations.
- Keeps ships ready to fight.
- Consists of shore facilities, production shops, warehouses, and ships.
- Provides the right support to the right place at the right time.
- Fleet Freight / Cargo Message
- Released 30 days before deployment, updated as ports change.
- Forwarded material broken down by priority (1-high, 2, 3-low).
- Never Out List
- Ships Store toiletries, tobacco products, and sanitation material.
- Ships Continuous Monitoring Program
- Submitted to SURFPAC.
- S-1: Financial data, supply effectiveness, and customer average wait time
- S-2: Inventories(do not use anymore)
- S-3: Financial data, Stock turn
- Relational Supply
- Management of:
Force Level RSUPPLY
used on Big Decks.
- Who owns bigdeck material?
- Ships material is owned by Navy Working Capitol Fund (NWCF). Material is bought when issued. NWCF replenishes stocks.
- Unit Level RSUPPLY
- Used on Small Boys.
- Who owns storeroom stock?
- Ship owns everything in storeroom. Pay for it before received.
- Naval Tactical Command Support System.
- Server contains OMMS/NG, RSUPPLY and R-ADM.
- Aviation Maintenance
Naval Aviation Logistics Command Managed Information Systems.
Track man and flight hours on gear, Writes work-candidates, request material.
- Organizational Maintenance Management System / Next Generation.
- Write work-candidates, tracks man hours, requests material.
- Global Distance Support Center.
- Used for ordering material and requisition status.
Automated Total Asset Visibility. Requisition status.
- Can be used for parts requisitioning.
- Finds where parts are located on ships and shore facilities.
- Ships use FIMARS to update it 2X a month
6 Categories of HAZMAT
- Compressed Gases
- Hazardous Material
- Hazardous material in its usable form.
Used or excess HAZMAT.
PPE for HAZMAT is found
Found in the MSDS, HMUG, or MRC.
MSDS & HMUG Info (11)
- Item identification
- manufacturer info (manufacturer, address, and phone number)
- target organs
- health hazards
- first aid
- reactivity data
- transportation procedures
Call CCS or OOD. Tell what it is, how much, what its doing, and personnel involved.
Hazardous Material Control and Management.
Hazards Inventory Control System for Windows. Manage HAZMAT inventory, issue, and receipt.
Work Center Sup HAZMAT Responsibilities
Manages hazardous material. Make sure maintenance person has proper training, PPE, disposal requirements, and proper labeling.
All Hands HAZMAT Responsibilities
- Responsible use and disposal.
- Notification of unattended HAZMAT.
Produces an adverse reaction when combined. (ammonia/bleach)
Stowage of HAZMAT
- Stored in segregated storage,seperate containers, with proper labeling.
- No eating, drinking, or smoking in issue rooms.
- Proper Labeling:
- Identifying info
- manufacture info
- health hazazards
- target organs
- Flammable Material Storage
- Have no sparking material around it, no hot work.
- Installed HALON in storage / issue room.
- Extinguishing agent within 15 feet of lockers.
HAZMAT Disposal CONUS/OCUNUS:
Offload to shore facilities, never underway.
Underway Discharge Limitations:
- Sewage 3nm
- Food Waste 12nm
- Trash 25nm
- Oil Waste 50nm (less than 15ppm)
- Plastics Never (Unless CNO approval)
- Paint / Mineral Sprits Never
What are the seven principals of naval logistics