The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- * Administer IM, deep in large muscle. Do Not give IV or subq
- *Monitor for sedative effects.
- * Adverse effects include HA, hypotension, dry mouth, dizzinessand hives.
- * Contraindicated in patients with narrow angle glaucoma.
- * Adverse effects include drowsiness, dizziness, sedation,retrograde amnesia, hypotension, GI complaints and HA.
- * Multiple adverse effects, choose the agent with the least advers patient.
- *Thorazine may produce pronounced orthostatic hypotension
- * Adverse effects include: extrapyramidal reactions, neurolepticmalignant syndrome, seizures, anorexia, urinary retention, drymouth, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, sedation and tardivedyskinesia after prolonged use.
- *Contraindicated with narrow angle glaucoma, severe hepatic,renal, or cardiovascular disease, or Parkinson’s disease
- *Serious or life-threatening adverse reactions include:tachycardia, seizures, urinary retention, respiratory depression,laryngospasm, neuromalignant syndrome, and dysrhythmias
- Risperidone, Quetiapine, Aripiprazole
- * Less likely to cause extrapyramidal effects, neurolepticmalignant syndrome and tardive dyskinesia than thephenothizines.
- * Adverse effects include sedation, drowsiness, appetitestimulation with weight gain, orthostatic hypotension, HA, drymouth, agitation and anxiety.
- Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, Escitalopram, Citalopram, Sertraline HCl
- * Adverse effects include insomnia, weight gain, sexualdysfunction, palpitations, HA, seizures, diaphoresis, and GIcomplaints.
- * Do not give with MAO inhibitors. Wait 14 days after stopping MAOIs to administer
- Phenelzine, Tranylcypromine
- * Adverse effects include: dizziness, orthostatic hypotension,constipation, diarrhea, tremors, seizures, coma, tachycardia,diaphoresis, sexual dysfunction, weight gain.
- * Teach to avoid tyramine containing foods and beverages(pickled, aged, fermented or caffeinated). Hypertensive crisiscan be triggered by foods rich in tyramine.
- * Contraindicated with concurrent use of meperidine,barbiturates, tricyclic antidepressants, antihistamines, CNSdepressants, and OTC cold medicines.
- * Teach client to not take any other medications withoutchecking with healthcare provider when taking an MAOIs
- Amitryptyline, Nortriptyline, Imipramine
- * Adverse effects include: Orthostatic hypotension, HA, drymouth, sedation, urinary retention, dysrhythmias andimpotence.
- * Overdose is generally lethal.
- * Cautious use in patients with suicidal ideations.* Contraindicated with history of seizures or chronic cardiacdisease.