Position to Rendezvous After a Crash
- Initally 12 o'clock
- Then 3, 9, and 6 o'clock
Proper shut-down procedure for aeromedical aircraft
Throttle, fuel, battery, rotor brake, oxygen
Critical phase of flight
A critical phase of flight includes everything except straight level flight.
What is priority post crash?
Shelter from elements is priority, which includes building a fire
Notify pilot of hazard by..
- announce location, hazard and heading
- ex.-"10 o'clock, aircraft 5 miles, same flight level, closing."
- Visual flight rules
- you may fly VFR only in VMC
visual meteorological conditions
- Instrument flight rules
- you must fly IFR in IMC
- Instrument meterological conditions
- you may never fly VFR in IMC
Emergency Locator Transmitter
- 121.5 Hz
- triggered with a 4G impact
- manually triggered if it does not trigger automatically
- can be removed from aircraft
- uses an internal battery and antenna
Direct communication with ground crews
Direct communication with ground crews is a requirement for a night LZ
Flight visibility is reported as...
- ceiling followed by visibility
- Ex. "500 and 2" means a 500ft ceiling and 2 mile visibility
Runway designations are based upon the heading of the aircraft on said runway, less the '0' at the end of the heading.