- Used for specific time of day or specific amount of time.
- "¿Que hora es?"
- "Estudié dos horas anoche."
- Time as an instance or occurrence, frequently used with a number or other indicator of quantity.
- "He estado en Nueva York muchas veces."
- "I have been in New York many times."
- Tiempo refers to time in a general or abstract sense. The spanish equivalent of on time is a tiempo.
- "Nunca llegan a tiempo."
- "They never arrive on time."
Cuento means story, narrative or tale.
Cuenta means bill (money), calculation, or account.
- The verb pagar means to pay for something.
- Tuvimos que pagar todos los gastos de su educación.
- "We had to pay all of the expenses related to his education."
- To pay attention, not let one's mind wander.
- Algunos estudiantes nunca les prestan atención a sus maestros.
- "Some students never pay attention to their teachers."
hacer caso (de)
- To pay attention in the sense of to head or to take into account.
- No le hagas caso; es tonto.
- "Don't pay attention to him; he's a fool."
hacer (una) visita
- The equivalent of to pay a visit.Vamos a hacerle visita este verano.
- "We are going to pay her a visit this summer."