What are the 2 types of Filters?
- Report Filters - Affects SQL, can contain any objects
- View Filters - Used after the SQL, contains only objects in Report Objects, requires OLAP
4 Types of Report Filters?
- Attribute Qualification - allows users to select filter
- Set Qualification - based on metrics
- Shortcut to a Report
- Shortcut to a Filter
- (also an advanced qualification option)
3 Types of Set Qualifications for Report Filters?
4 Types of Set Operators in Filters
AND, OR, OR NOT, AND NOT
4 Types of Metrics?
- Simple - includes 1+ aggregate function, 1+ metric/attribute, 1 level, maybe conditions or transformations
- Nested - functions within functions, include one or more level definition
- Compund - based on existing Metric
- Derived - run after the fact and part of OLAP
5 Types of OLAP analysis?
- Cube Analysis
- Derived Elements
- Report Objects
- View Filters
- Derived Metrics
What are aspects of Derived Metrics?
- May include one or more functions and operators
- based on attributes and metrics in the Report Objects
- may be simple or compound
3 Types of Built in Metrics?
- Percent to Total
3 Advantages to Prompts?
- Almost Unlimted flexibility
- Few Reports are needed
- Allows quick and easy data comparisons
4 Types of Prompts?
- Filter Definition Prompt - allows user to select filter
- Object Prompt - allows user to select Metrics, Attributes, even templates, or filters.
- Value Prompt - requires user to select fill-in-the-blank value
- Level Prompt - allows user to select data aggregation level
4 Options for a Filter Definition Prompt?
- Choose from all attributes in a hierarchy (or all everywhere)
- Qualify on an attribute - specifies the attribute
- Choose from attribute element list - specifies attribute and list of answers
- Qualify on a Metric (Value, Rank, Percentage)
4 Types of Value Prompts?
- Big Decimal
What are the 5 Search Criteria?
- Object Name and Location
- Date Range of Object Creation
- Object Type
- Object Owner
- Object ID