she wanted to be reconciled with her father
- تصالح, توفيق,سوى خلاف
- restore friendly relations between.
Metz recently declared insolvency.
- تنخفض قيمته
- إنتقص من قدرة, قلل من أهميته
Unapologetic Canon Apologist
المدافع عن دين أو قضية
he remained unapologetic about his decision
not acknowledging or expressing regret.
I don't want to proselytize him like he's done to me.
They do not proselytize or promote themselves.
convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another.
- He interrupts the sermon to proselytize his own beliefs
- It's to educate and not indoctrinate, to present and not proselytize .
she loathed him on sight
feel intense dislike or disgust for
drone (V and N)
I'm not going to drone on about a movie that really doesn't deserve to
- here: دندن
- -make a continuous low humming sound (v)
- -a low continuous humming sound (n)
- ذكر النحل
- الطائرات بدون طيار
thousands of families are living in abject poverty
the state of being extremely poor
- reminiscent of the novels of Charles Dickens
- the sights were reminiscent of my childhood
- tending to remind one of something
- حافل بالذكريات
- مثير للذكريات
as raw materials became scarce, synthetics were developed
- 1-insufficient, rare, شحيح
- (especially of food, money, or other resource)
- 2-with greatest difficulty
- بشق الأنفس
- pacify or placate (someone) by acceding to their demands.
- conciliate, placate, pacify, mollify, propitiate, reconcile, win over
- "Sony will have a higher end e-mount body that hopefully appeases the A mount user"
- "amendments have been added to appease local pressure groups"
- relieve or satisfy (a demand or a feeling).
- "we give to charity because it appeases our guilt"
dithered, indecisive (adj)
I dithered for ages between the A77ii, 70D
- تردد, ارتباك
- hesitant, متردد, غير حاسم
- تردد (dithers)
- Image quality of course is a paramount concern.
- The interests of the child are of paramount importance.
- أساسي, أهمية قصوى, مهم
- more important than anything else
their acquiescence could amount to a waiver.
to sign a liability waiver.
she was signing a waiver of property rights.
See Longman's for examples
- 3-discount, price reduction
- 4-change in behavior, reaction
- 5-business in place belongs to someone else.
he felt a yearning for the mountains.
she yearned for a child.
- a feeling of intense longing for something
Thom slept fitfully for the first couple of hours
- بشكل متقطع
- not regularly or continuously; intermittently
1-he is sanguine about prospects for the global economy
2-she was a beautiful young maiden with sanguine hair
1-optimistic or positive, especially in an apparently bad or difficult situation
1-I found it quite easy to circumvent security.
2-it was always possible to circumvent the regulations.
3-if you come to an obstruction in a road you can seek to circumvent it.
- find a way around (an obstacle)
- avoid, outsmart, surround, skirt
- التفاف, تحايل