Provides hospital insurance and medical insurance to ppl ages 65 yrs & older, permanently disabled persons, & ppl with end-stage renal failure.
Covers hospital care & home care (home care or hospice-cannot have both), skilled nursing care.
Medicare part A
Covers Medical care, diagnostic services & physiotherapy (non-institutional care insurance).
Medicare part B
Financial assistance to states & counties to pay for medical services for poor older adults, the blind, the disabled, and families with dependent children.
An animante or inanimate factor that must be present or lacking for a disease or condition to develop.
A living species (human or animal) capable of being infected or affected by an agent.
All that is internal or external to a given host or agent and that is influenced and influences the host and/or agent.
Examples of agents in the epidemiological triangle.
- causive (E.coli)
- infectious agents (bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites)
- Chem agents (heavy metal, toxic chem, pesticides)
- Physical agents (radiation, heat, cold, machinery)
Examples of a host in the epidemiological triangle.
- anything capable of being infected
- genetic susceptibility
- age, sex
- acquired characteristics
- lifestyle factors (diet, exercise)
Examples of an environment in the epidemiological triangle.
- plant & animal life (reservoirs)
- crowding, social support
- education, resources, access to care
- levels of stress
The prevalence proportion reflects?
- Current AND past events in a population (textbook)
- The number of existing disease in a population at a given time (existing cases divided by population)