- (25.8 lbs) (M240H)
- (27.1 lbs) (M240B)
240 rate of fire
- Rapid 200 RDS/M (2-3 sec between bursts) – Change barrel every 2 minutes.
- Cyclic 650 to 950 RDS/M (B 550-650 RDS/M)
- Sustained 100 RDS/M (4-5 sec between bursts) – Change barrel every 10 minutes
- Max Range 3,725 meters
- Max Effective Point 800 meters
- Max Effective Area 1800 meters
- Tracer Burnout 900 meters
- Gas-operated – Recoils with gas-assist boost. Three gas settings to maintain a consistent rate of fire (with the exception of M240B/M240H
- Positive Locking of Bolt Body – Firing pin is part of bolt and operating rod assembly, and cannot strike primer until bolt is fully locked.
Fires from Open Bolt Position – Prevents explosion of cartridge (cook-off) after prolonged firing.
240 Immediate Action
Let weapon fire if near end of link belt.
Break link belt (grasp link belt and twist it firmly).
- Grab charger cable (or cocking handle assembly), pull all the way back and hold.
- Place safety to “S” safe and remove ammunition belt.
semiautomatic, magazine fed, recoil operated, double action pistols, chambered for the 9mm cartridge.
- With Mag 41 oz
- no mag 34 oz
- Max effective range 50 meters
- Max Range 1800 meters
M9 Immediate Action
- Ensure the decocking/safety lever is in the FIRE position.
- Squeeze the trigger again.
- If the pistol does not fire, ensure that the magazine is fully seated, retract the slide to the rear, and release.
- Squeeze the trigger.If the pistol again does not fire, remove the magazine and retract the slide to eject the chambered cartridge.
- Insert a new magazine, retract the slide, and release to chamber another cartridge.
- Squeeze the trigger.
- If the pistol still does not fire, perform remedial action.
240 Function Check
- Clear Weapon
- safety to “F” fire. Pull cocking handle to rear
- Place to safe
- depress trigger nothing should happen
- Place to fire with charging handle to rear depress trigger ride bolt forward
- safety must not go in with bolt forward
M9 Function Check
- Clear the pistol in accordance with the unloading procedures
- Depress the slide stop, letting the slide go forward.
- Insert an empty magazine into the pistol.
- Retract the slide fully and release it.
- The slide should lock to the rear.
- Depress the magazine release button and remove the magazine.
- Ensure the decocking/safety lever is in the SAFE position.
- Depress the slide stop. When the slide goes forward, the hammer should fall to the forward position.
- Squeeze and release the trigger.
- The firing pin block should move up and down and the hammer should not move.
- Place the decocking/safety lever in the fire POSITION.
- Squeeze the trigger to check double action. The hammer should cock and fall.
- Squeeze the trigger again. Hold it to the rear. Manually retract and release the slide.
- Release the trigger. A click should be heard and the hammer should not fall.
- Squeeze the trigger to check the single action. The hammer should fall.
What are the four fundamentals of marksmanship?
- Steady Position
- Proper Aim (Sight Picture)
- Trigger Squeeze