Christian Beliefs in Life after Death
- Protestants: some protestants believe that there is no hell.
- Evangelical: Believe in resurrection. Jesus's body was raised after death.
- Catholics: Believe in purgatory where souls of the dead will be sent to be cleansed.
Affect of belief in life after death in Christians
- Confession: Repent for sins
- Prayer: Pray regularly and communicate with God.
- Live within guidelines of Church and Bible.
- Vocation: Dedicate life to God through jobs like docter, priest, nun, minister
Islamic beliefs about life after death
- Sha'ria teaches that all Muslims will be judged by Allah in the afterlife.
- Islam teaches that the good will be rewarded and the evil, punished.
- Qur'an says we came from Allah and to him we must return.
- Prophet's hadith state that those who lead a good life will go to Jannah
Affect of belief in life after death for Muslims
- Muslims try to follow the teachings of Sha'ria and Qur'an.
- They follow example of Prophet Muhammed and try to be a good Muslim.
- They act according to Allah's wishes, caring for others and not causing harm.
- They try to please Allah as they know they will be judged in the afterlife.
Non-religious beliefs in life after death
- Near Death Experiences: Patients report leaving their body and seeing themselves outside of their body.
- Paranormal Activity: Unexplained events that seem to have a spiritual cause. Example ghosts, who seem to be spirits of the dead.
- Sometimes people feel that their loved ones who have died are still with them.
- It makes sense that good people should be rewarded and bad people, punished.
Non-belief in life after death
- There is no evidence of the afterlife.
- Science explains everything and we should not believe in something unscientific.
- Body decays so how can there be something after that.
- Beliefs in Hell and Heaven are ideas used to control people's behavior.
Arguments FOR Abortion
- Women should have the right to choice - it is their body.
- In cases of rape, abortion should be allowed.
- Lesser of the two evils if the child is severely disabled.
- Babies have the right to be loved and the mother can't always provide this.
Arguments AGAINST Abortion
- Life begins at conception so killing the baby is murder.
- An embryo is potentially human so should have right to life.
- Even disabled children have right to life.
- We have no right to decide someone's life or death.
Christian attitudes to abortion - FOR
- Love thy neighbor
- Lesser of the two evils if child is severely disabled
- Golden Rule
- Best choice if mother's life is at risk.
Christian attitudes to abortion - Against
- Thous shalt not kill
- Sanctity of life
- Life begins at conception
- God has a plan for every human
Muslim attitudes to abortion - Allowed
If the mother's life is in danger as she has a established life with responsibilities.