The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Leadership Standard statement:
- Each nurse shows leadership by
- promoting the best possible care to the public.
A nurse demonstrates the standard of Leadership by:
- 1. Role modeling professional values
- 2. Collaborating with clients and health care team.
- 3. Advocating for clients, the workplace,
- 4. Providing direction, sharing knowledge
- 5. taking action to resolve conflicts
Nurse leadership includes:
provide leadership through informal and formal roles
*take action to resolve conflict
*advocate for clients, workplace and profession
__??????_ aspects of care to others
Delegates aspects of care to others
What are the THREE classic leadership styles
Autocratic is a person who is?
Tight, controlled, dictates, lack of participation, sole decision maker, domineering etc.
What is Democratic?
Consults the group, assistive, always a two way communication street, encouraging, objective, delegates authority
What is Laissez-faire?
Non-directive, permissive, lets the group do what they want, has a hands off approach.
The dissadvantage is that action items do not get done
- Follows the rules and the policy of the agency
- Adv: Action items are done by the book
- Dis Adv: no flexibility
- Are task oriented
- Vary their leadership style to meet the demands of the situation in the work environment
ppl have emotional relationships
- Are relationships based on exchange of resources valued by followers.
- (ie. if the manager as the employee to stay late. the employee will in exchange for a day off or time in lieu)
Empowers the group to share organization vision
Emerges in the relationship to the challenges that the group may face