- The often edible nut of any of these trees.
- A black, porous, carbonaceous material, 85 to 98 percent carbon, produced by the destructive distillation of wood and used as a fuel, filter, and absorbent.
- An open space surrounded by walls or buildings, adjoining or within a building such as a large house or housing complex.
- A light, sometimes ornamental roofed structure, used for amusement or shelter, as at parks or fairs
- A structure or another building connected to a larger building; an annex.
- The fleshy, muscular back part of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
- A young cow or bull.
- To roll or pitch suddenly or erratically
- To stagger.See Synonyms at blunder
- 蹒跚而行参见 blunder
- A comissioned rank in the U.S. ArmyAir Forceor Marine Corps that is above captain and below lieutenant colonel.
- To close and open the eyelid of one eye deliberately, as to convey a message, signal, or suggestion.
- To hit with something broad and flat; slap.
- To force by pushing or elbowing
- A framework or stand in or on which to hold, hang, or display various articles
- The act of citing.
- A source so cited; a quotation.
- A strip of colored cloth worn on the left breast of a uniform to indicate the award of a medal or decoration.
- A long, thin strip
- [təːn aut]
- To end up; result
- To pay a compliment to.
- To show fondness, regard, or respect for by giving a gift or performing a favor.
- Showing foolishness or stupidity.
- Loss of honor, respect, or reputation; shame.
- The condition of being strongly and generally disapproved.
- One that brings disfavor or discredit
- Used as a courtesy title for a man in an Italian-speaking areaequivalent to Mr.
- To strike with a flat object, such as the palm of the hand.
- To cause to strike sharply and loudly
- A sleeveless outer garment fastened at the throat and worn hanging over the shoulders.
- To tap gently with the open hand or with something flat.
- To stroke lightly as a gesture of affection.
- To relinquish (a privilege, right, or claim).See Synonyms at relinquish
- An acute or chronic disease marked by inflammation of the lungs and caused by viruses, bacteria, or other microorganisms and
- sometimes by physical and chemical irritants.