- 10Finally, be strong in the Lord
- and in his mighty power.
- 11Put on the full armor of God
- so that you can take your stand
- against the devil's schemes.
- 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood,
- but against the rulers,
- against the authorities,
- against the powers of this dark world
- and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
- 13Therefore put on the full armor of God,
- so that when the day of evil comes,
- you may be able to stand your ground,
- and after you have done everything, to stand.
- 14Stand firm then,
- with the belt of truth buckled around your waist,
- with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
- 15and with your feet fitted
- with the readiness that comes
- from the gospel of peace.
- 16In addition to all this,
- take up the shield of faith,
- with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
- 17Take the helmet of salvation
- and the sword of the Spirit,
- which is the word of God.
- 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions
- with all kinds of prayers and requests.
- With this in mind,
- be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.