- an organization of people with a common purpose and having a formal structure.
- the act of associating or state of being associated.
- connection or combination.
- the connection or relation of ideas, feelings, sensations, etc.; correlation of elements of perception, reasoning, or the like.
a graph using parallel bars of varying lengths, as to illustrate comparative costs, exports, birth-rates, etc.
(aka Box Plot)
a graphical summary of data that is based on a five-number summary. A key to the development of a box plot is a computation of the interquartile range, IQR = Q3 - Q1.
- Data that can be grouped by specific categories are referred to as categorical data.
- Categorical data use either the nominal or ordinal scale of measurement.
The process of conducting a survey to collect data for the entire population is called a census.
the tendency of samples of a given measurement to cluster around some central value.
- Chebyshev's theorem enables us to make statements about the portion of data values that must be within a specified number of standard deviations of the mean.
- At least 75%, of the data values must be within 2 standard deviations of the mean.
- At least 89%, of the data values must be within three standard deviations of the mean.
- At least 94%, of the data values must be within four standard deviations of the mean.