1. Instructions or procedures prefaced by the word ________ are mandatory.
2. The C-17A max design zero fuel weight is _________.
3. To override the #2 or #3 hydraulic aux. pumps for an auto shutdown due to low quantity or overheat,_________.
Press and hold appropriate Aux pump switch for 5 seconds.
4. An automatic shutdown override switchlight provides a means to override all APU ECU automatic shutdown signals except _________.
indicated fire or overspeed
5. When the APU alert start feature is used, there will be no _______ until the battery bus is powered.
fire detection or protection
6. When the warning horn makes the tone of a squeal it indicates what warning situation?
APU Fire Warning
7. The Battery Direct Bus, the Battery Bus, the AC and DC Emergency Buses, and the AC and DC Transfer Buses comprise the ______.
emergency power system
8. The After Takeoff/Climb Checklist is normally accomplished after slat retraction on takeoff or when leaving the low altitude environment and transitioning to the enroute structure. This checklist may be omitted for:
immediate returns and flights of 30 minutes or less
low level entry/airdrop within 30 minutes
9. To preclude damage to the landing gear, accomplish no more than ______ consecutive landings without a cooling period. A cooling period consists of, flying with the gear retracted for at least 20 minutes or with the gear extended for at least 10 minutes before the next landing.
10. If the APU is started and the AVAIL light does not illuminate, the ____ must be cycled from ON to RESET to ON.
APU PWR switch
11. The Maximum Payload for the C-17 is 170,900 pounds; however for specific aircraft, Maximum Payload is______________.
Zero Fuel Weight minus Operating Weight.
12. The AUX pump reservoir sump is provided as a backup fluid supply for the number _________ system AUX pump for the cargo door and ramp when isolated from its primary system.
13. There are _________ smoke detectors located on the aircraft.
14. Control panels for the ramp blowdown system are located at the __________.
Forward Loadmaster Station; Aft Loadmaster Station, Left Side
15. A WAP message, CREW OXY LOW will be displayed when quantity is less than 5 liters or supply pressure is below __________ +/- 5 psi.
16. Oxygen is supplied to the 48 centerline seat passenger masks via two flexible hoses. Each hose can supply oxygen to a maximum of _________ seat modules (six seats per module).
17. Following an intentional cabin depressurization above 10,000 feet, the cabin must be repressurized to less than ________ feet to reset the regulators. If the regulators are not reset, subsequent flight above 9,000 feet cabin altitude may deploy the passenger oxygen masks.
18. Below _______ feet cabin altitude, each emergency oxygen regulator SURGE MODE lever/three position toggle switch must be positioned to MAN ON/MANUAL ON to provide passenger oxygen.
19. The passenger oxygen masks can be manually deployed at any altitude with the -1 emergency oxygen regulator by positioning the SURGE MODE lever to the MAN ON position and rotating the spring loaded surge knob _____ and holding momentarily (approximately ___ seconds) to open the passenger oxygen mask containers and start the flow of oxygen.
20. If either the pilot’s or loadmaster’s FED ARM switch is in ARM, all four FEDS hatches can be deployed from either the ________________________ initiator handles.
maintenance/ditching hatch or the forward loadmaster station
21. Portable hand fire extinguishers are provided in the following areas; ___ in the Cockpit, ___in the Crew rest area, and ___ in the Cargo compartment.
2; 1; 6
22. If unable to leave the area after using the handheld fire extinguishers, ___________.
breath 100 percent oxygen as necessary
23. There are ________ Emergency Escape Breathing Devices (EEBD) installed in the aircraft.
24. The EEBD is a _______-minute self-contained, disposable breathing unit with a maximum operating altitude of ________.
25. One crash axe is located on the aft side, right EPC and one at the _______ chop out location.
26. When an aircraft engine is at idle thrust, the engine intake danger area is ________.
27. During the Interior Safety Inspection - Power Off, failure to fully install safety switch pins or place CMDSWOW MAINT ORIDE switch to NORM could result in _________.
an unintended jettison of payloads
28. If the aircraft is powered by batteries alone and the pilot’s CNC indicates OFF, radio communication is possible using the ________ radio with the VHF/UHF Backup Control panel.
29. The loadmaster advises the medical crew director that seat belts are required _________.
immediately prior to takeoff
30. The purge valve on the flight crew quick don mask should be in the ________ position except during preflight and when oxygen is in use where smoke or fumes are not present and goggles are not required.
31. During in-flight operation of the troop doors, deploy the air deflector between ______ and ______ degrees before opening the first door.
32. When on/offloading vehicles, do not deflate vehicle pneumatic tires _________.
below the tires rated inflation pressure
33. Use caution when positioning pallets/platforms into ADS pallet position No. 1 that exceeds _______ inches in height measured from the surface of the pallet/platform.
34. Should delay in winching occur on the incline of the cargo ramp, use _________ to secure the item.
chain type tiedown equipment
35. Equipment mounted on a single axle disconnected from its prime mover and loaded with its tongue resting on the aircraft floor or ramp, _____________.
must be drained, but not purged
36. When the vehicle is parked on the cargo floor and parking brakes are inoperative, ___________.
install a minimum of two chains and two tiedown devices, one forward and one aft
37. Supplemental restraint is not required when logistic locks are verified as locked using direct visual inspection of lock slide markings.
38. When loading pallets with a bare tine forklift, one set of inner roller channels may be removed from the ramp toes if the pallet weight does not exceed _______ pounds.
39. There are ________ clearly marked chop out areas in the C-17.
40. Except where prohibited by specific procedures, open circuit breakers ________ in the event that the electrical condition was transient in nature.
may be reset once
41. If both left and right side FEDS Shielded Mild Detonating Cord (SMDC) lines are inoperative (AA-EM w/o TCTO 1549), limit persons on board to a maximum of _____when mission segments involve overwater flight.
42. The signal for ground evacuation is _________.
1 long sustained ring of the alarm bell
43. The signal for prepare for ditching or crash landing is ________.
6 short rings of the alarm bell
44. The signal for prepare to bailout is ________.
3 short rings of the alarm bell
45. All odors not identifiable by the flight crew shall be considered toxic. Immediately __________________.
use 100% oxygen, ventilate the aircraft, and land as soon as practical.
46. There are _______ emergency exits provided for ground evacuation.
47. Following a ditching emergency, as a minimum, the loadmaster will provide ______________.
a flashlight and first aid kit
48. For passengers, the primary source of oxygen for a smoke/fumes environment is the ________.
49. If a fire is being fed by oxygen from an oxygen system, consider turning off the __________ until the fire is suppressed.
manual shutoff valves
50. Selective freefall of any landing gear can be accomplished by activating the release handles only for those gear that are not extended. When lowering both main gear on one side, lower ______________.
the forward gear first
51. Prior to a wheels up landing, the ______________ will be opened.
Cockpit Access Door, Troop Doors and Cargo Door
52. If the aircraft is under control and time permits, the order of preference for bailout exits are ____________.
cargo door and ramp, and the troop doors
53. For all bailouts at 14,000 feet or above, pull the ___________; for bailouts below 14,000 feet, pull the______
54. Salvo type jettisoning, releasing all pallets, platforms and containers at once, is recommended for both ADS and Logistic rails
55. The maximum vertical height of a load to be jettisoned is ________ inches measured from the ______ of the pallet/platform.
56. The loadmaster will don and connect a restraint harness or parachute prior to opening the troop doors, or the cargo door and ramp from the aft loadmaster station. Connect the restraint harness to any tiedown ring at or forward of FS _________.
57. During cargo jettison, ensure all selected lock annunciators are ___________ before stating "LOCKSRELEASED".
58. During a ditching, do not activate the __________ prior to the aircraft coming to a rest.
59. The ground evacuation checklist is not complete until _________ .
a personnel count is established
60. During the Ramp Blowdown deployment sequence, if the RAMP switch is moved to the ________position, the deployment sequence will stop.
61. If a fire should break out during loading operations, the first items that should be offloaded are _______.
flammable and/or explosive materials
62. The maximum airspeed when opening the troop doors or cargo door and ramp is _______.
63. The cargo ramp shall not be unlatched in flight when the payload on the ramp exceeds _________ pounds, except during jettison conditions.
64. Highlights an essential operating procedure, practice, condition, statement etc., which if not strictly observed could result in injury to or death of personnel or long term health hazards are __________.
65. Without [STRUT IMP]; in the event the stabilizer strut system fails to operate properly, do not recycle the STAB STRUTS switch. Immediately __________.
remove hydraulic power and notify maintenance
66. Without [STRUT IMP]; when retracting and stowing the stabilizer struts, prior to pulling the DOOR solenoid valve handle and rotating it clockwise to the CLOSED position, ensure both struts are fully retracted in the vertical position.
67. Do not use _________ cargo compartment lighting in flight. PA system speakers/volume will be deactivated during any condition that activates the cargo compartment lights because of sidewall oxygen system deployment. The speakers/volume must be manually reactivated to make PA announcements.
68. If an E/R FSP is installed on a non-E/R aircraft, the E/R pump switchlights will illuminate when pressed, but no aircraft system function will occur.
69. With ambient temperatures are at or below -9 °C (15 °F), the AUX pumps may not initially generate full pressure. If system pressure does not rise to at least 3500 psi within 30 seconds of selecting the pump to AUTO, select the pump to off, wait 30 seconds and proceed as follows.1. Select the AUX pump to AUTO for 30 seconds, then off for 30 seconds.2. Repeat ___________ or until system pressure indicates at least3500 psi.
for a maximum of 10 cycles
70. If the landing gear control panel or landing gear control handle indicates unsafe (RED), conduct a visual inspection of the affected gear to confirm damage or proper alignment of red fluorescent band on down lock links. _________________________.
If all gear are down and locked, disregard unsafe indications
71. If a centerline seat assembly cannot be secured with ____ serviceable floor attachment fittings, that seat module shall not be installed.
72. In the same lateral row, when using 6 MB-2 tiedown devices in an unsymmetrical pattern the amount of vertical restraint is limited to ______ pounds per ring.
73. Install/stow ramp toe quick release pins with lanyard attaching ring/hole facing __________. Failure to comply may cause damage to the aircraft.
74. Vehicle single axle weights equal to or greater than ________ pounds must be loaded within 8 inches of the aircraft centerline in compartments D, F and G.
75. Vehicle single axle weights equal to or greater than ________ pounds must be loaded within 8 inches of the aircraft centerline in compartment E.
76. When using ramp toe approach shoring the minimum shoring width shall be ________ inches or tire width, whichever is greater.
77. The maximum vehicle weight of a tracked vehicle with articulated suspension loaded in E compartment is___.
78. Tracked vehicles with articulated suspension and with wheel weights exceeding ____ lbs (average) must be loaded within 8 inches of aircraft centerline
79. Tunner loader furnished bridge plates shall not be used when loading/offloading rolling stock from a K-loader with the ramp toes installed.
80. Hazardous cargo considered jettisonable ____________ be positioned forward of non-jettisonable cargo, except when its size, weight, and location will permit jettison by hand.
81. _____ highlight essential operating procedure, practice, condition or statement, etc which if not strictly observed could result in damage to, or destruction of equipment or loss of mission effectiveness.
82. The cargo compartment loading heights vary between _________ inches.
148, 158, and 162
83. Do not connect exhausts from low temperature materials to the _______ side vents or exhausts from operating engines to the __________ side vents. Connection of a low temperature exhaust to a vent contaminated with oil or grease may cause an explosion.
84. When cargo projects aft of the end of the logistics rails (FS ____), ensure the ramp toes do not contact the cargo while being raised to the vertical position.
85. When pedestal shoring is used under the Ramp Ground Support Pad for special loads, the shoring shall be a minimum of ________ inches long and __________ inches wide.
86. The aft end of the ramp toes shall not be supported when in the _________ position.
87. There are provisions for a total of ____ aeromedical litter positions.
88. The rated capacity of the snatch blocks is ________.
89. When winching and the direction of pull is changed, the sheave ________.
must be manually realigned to the new direction
90. When four snatch blocks are required the 7,500 pound cable pull may be increased to _______ under the winches increased load capability.
91. The primary method for controlling cargo winching operations is ___________.
the Remote Winch Controller (RWC)
92. The maximum load allowed on the bridge plates is _______ pounds per plate or a ________ pound axle using both plates.
93. There are ______ therapeutic oxygen outlets located on the right side cargo compartment sidewall, and______ therapeutic oxygen outlets located on the left side of the cargo compartment.
five / zero
94. Palletized seat assemblies may be loaded in the logistic rails when transported as cargo. Passengers will not occupy palletized seats in the logistic rails.
95. On a dolly mounted engine, tiedown devices shall be attached through lifting/tiedown eyes on the engine adapter.
96. On aeromedical evacuation missions with litter or ambulatory patients, the ramp is restricted __________.
to a maximum of two pallets in the ADS rails or centerline floor loaded items
97. All netted pallets loaded into either rail system __________ built up to ensure lateral projections beyond the vertical stacking line do not exist.
98. Pallets or pallet trains up to ________lbs per pallet may be loaded into the logistics rail system provided at least two locks, one left and one right are engaged in each pallet.
99. The in-flight ramp loadable height capability varies between ______ at the ramp hinge to______ inches at the end of the ramp.
100. Spotters are required to observe clearances and to prevent contact with the wing box structure when loading cargo higher than_____ inches forward of FS_____.
101. When loading ISU containers that are 90 inches or higher into the logistic rails on the aircraft ramp,________________.
ramp toes with rollers and guide rails shall be installed
102. The primary method of loading pallets into the ADS and logistic rail system is using the ramp toes.
103. Due to limited maneuvering space, pallet rotation shall be closely supervised. Failure to comply could result in personnel injury or damage to the__________.
104. Required restraint for cargo on the pallet/pallet train shall be provided using nets, tiedown straps, or chains. When supplemental restraint is required, additional tiedowns may be attached to the pallet or cargo floor.
105. Straps and chains shall not be mixed to restrain cargo in the same direction. However, 10,000 and 25,000pound rated devices with the appropriate chains may be used for a given direction of restraint.
106. Netted two pallet trains that exceed _____ shall be restrained to the cargo floor.
107. Pallets or pallet trains up to 7,800 pounds per pallet may be loaded into the ADS rail/lock system when
at least two ADS locks (one left and one right) are engaged in each pallet.
108. Forklift operation ____________ performed inside the aircraft provided all Section IV loading/offloadinglimitations and forklift limitations are not exceeded.
109. When using the ramp as a lifting aid, the stabilizer struts should be deployed for weights above _________pounds.
110. Ensure cargo is restrained in __________ prior to raising and closing the ramp when cargo is positioned on the ramp for flight. Failure to comply could result in damage to the aircraft and cargo.
111. If increasing or decreasing the ramp angle prevents positive control of an item of cargo, __________ prior to raising or lowering the ramp.
restraint will be applied
112. When properly installed on a single pallet, the nets provide all necessary restraint for cargo loads up to________ pounds when the height of stacked cargo does not exceed 96 inches.
113. The maximum wheel load on each ramp toe in the low position is __________ pounds.
114. The maximum pallet/platform weight on two ramp toes is _____ pounds except for 18-foot type VI platforms which may be increased to 14,500 pounds.
115. The maximum single axle load on the toes in the low position is ________ pounds.
116. Replace the cargo winch cable if ________ or more broken wires per strand inch or _________ or more broken wires per cable inch are found.
117. Cargo on a single pallet regardless of size __________.
will meet all restraint requirements
118. Vehicles with transmissions that are not equipped with a neutral position shall be loaded/offloaded using the cargo winch.
119. Two or three pallet train weight for cargo secured with nets and stacked to 96 inches shall not exceed________ pounds.
120. Two or three pallet train weight for cargo secured with nets and stacked above 96 inches (not to exceed 100inches) shall not exceed __________ pounds.
121. All vehicle winching must be closely monitored by a crew of at least _______ personnel.
122. The maximum cargo weight that may be loaded left or right of the aircraft centerline is _______ pounds, provided all other aircraft limitations are complied with.
123. When low profile cargo does not permit the use of side nets, the top net may be used by itself provided the cargo weight does not exceed __________ pounds and cargo height does not exceed ________ inches from the pallet surface.
124. While offloading rolling stock with the cargo winch, if continuous tension cannot be maintained while transiting the ramp hinge; ensure ramp remains ___________ when cargo is on the ramp or traversing the ramp hinge.
125. When plywood barriers and chain bridles are installed for forward restraint on palletized cargo, pallets that exceed ________ inches in height will have a minimum of _______ bridle(s) installed and the minimum thickness for the barrier will be _______ inches.
30; 2; 3/4
126. If ________ stowage pins are not engaged on _________side of each toe stowed on the cargo door, that toe may come loose during flight.