prevents the loss of cabin pressure by creating an airtight deal btwn the canopy and fuselage of the acft.
-This seal allows the pressurization system to control/regulate the outflow of cabin air.
PURPOSE OF CANOPY SEAL
- partially cooled air extracted from outlet of the Regenerative Heat Exchanger.
- Air is taken from the outlet of the regenerative heat exchanger & Air routed to a canopy seal pressure regulator.
- the regulator will control the inflation & deflation of the canopy seal.
+ When the canopy is DOWN & LOCKED the canopy seal is inflated to prevent the physical loss of cabin pressure.
Canopy Seal System
- an in-line water trap that removes any moisture. The water is collected in a sump and drained overboard.
+ provides dry air for inflating the canopy seal.
Canopy Seal Water Trap
- provides a means to maintain air pressure to the canopy seal during ground maintenance operations and prevents reverse flow. ( during norm. op. )
- commonly referred to as an in-line check valve.
+ located in the canopy seal supply line between the regenerative heat exchanger outlet
& the canopy seal pressure regulator.
Canopy Seal In-Line Check Valve
- provides clean air for canopy seal inflation.
- wire mesh disposable type element
- used to remove any particles that may cause damage to the canopy seal.
- Time changed
Canopy Seal Filter
- controls the inflation and deflation of the canopy seal.
+ DOWN & LOCKED
+ a plunger extends from the canopy seal regulator
+ and is used to control the flow of air into the regulator.
- maintains the canopy seal pressure to 25 PSI above cabin pressure
or MAX deal pressure of 34 PSIG.
Canopy Seal Air Pressure Regulator Valve
- (Inside the Canopy Air Pressure Regulator Valve) - is used to limit the canopy pressure to 34 PSIG.
Overpressure Relief Valve
(IN Regulator) - prevents deflation of the canopy seal should the air source be lost.
+ PREVENTS RAPID DEPRESSERIZATION
Internal Check Valve
- an inflatable rubber tube that is affixed to either the canopy of the fuselage, depending on the aircraft design & series. (application)
- connected to the sys. by a flexible hose.
+ when air pressure is applied, the seal expands to create a seal between the canopy & fuselage.
- inflated canopy seal will prevent the physical loss of cabin pressure.