- adj.Showy in a tasteless or vulgar way.
- n.A feast, especially an annual university dinner.
- Informal：A sizable sum of money.
- n.The act or state of expecting; expectation
- To be half-asleep
- To make drowsy
- n. A thin, flexible wooden strip, such as one used in the making of baskets or chair bottoms.
- To droop or hang carelessly, as a hat.
- To sitstandor walk with an awkwarddroopingexcessively relaxed posture.
- A thin oblong piece of material, such as wood or slate, that is laid in overlapping rows to cover the roof or sides of a house or other building.
- n. An adult female hog.
- To pass time at leisure; idle.
- A tough outer covering such as bark, the skin of some fruits, or the coating on cheese or bacon.
- An embankment raised to prevent a river from overflowing.
- A landing place on a river; a pier.
- A pallet for loading or handling goods, especially one having solid sideboards and no bottom.
- A landing place or pier where ships may tie up and load or unload.
- One who is habitually drunk.
- To wash or slap against with soft liquid sounds
- A small wave; a ripple.
- Having or showing lofty dignity or nobility; stately. grand
- In addition; besides
- A driver of a dray.
- Impressively great in size, force, or extent; enormous
- Extraordinary; marvelous
- To excite strong feelings in.
- A low, heavy cart without sides, used for haulage.
- The time it takes to blink once; an instant
- The act of blinking.
- A blink or twinkle
- covered with or as if with a thin layer of gold.
- Showing invention or whimsy in design; imaginative.See Synonyms at fantastic
- A structure on a river steamboat containing the pilothouse and the officers' quarters.
- An enclosed vessel in which water is heated and circulated, either as hot water or as steam, for heating or power.
- A container, such as a kettle, for boiling liquids.
- A severe tropical cyclone originating in the equatorial regions of the Atlantic Ocean or Caribbean Sea, traveling north, northwest, or northeast from its point of origin, and usually involving heavy rains.
- [ˈhʌrikən dek]
- The upper deck on a passenger steamship.
- A feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another.
- To perform acrobatic feats such as somersaults, rolls, or twists.
- To topple, as from power or a high position; fall.
- [pitʃ pain]
- An eastern North American pine tree (Pinus rigida) that yields pitch or turpentine.
- The section of the upper deck of a ship located at the bow forward of the foremast.
- A series of connected spirals or concentric rings formed by gathering or winding
- An individual spiral or ring within such a series.
- P. of pen被关押的,被禁锢的
- Penned or shut up; closely confined.
- An instrument for measuring or testing.
- To agitate or stir (milk or cream) in order to make butter.
- Goods carried by a vessel or vehicle, especially by a commercial carrier; cargo.
- To cause to flow out; emit.
justice of the peace
- [ˈdʒʌstis əf θə piːs]
- A magistrate of the lowest level of certain state court systems, having authority to act upon minor offenses,commit cases to a higher court for trial, perform marriages, and administer oaths.
- To come in rudely or inappropriately; enter as an improper or unwanted element
- [ˈbaibin bɔi]
- A boy servant aboard a ship.
- Attracting attention, as by being unusual or remarkable; noticeable.See Synonyms at noticeable
- Easy to notice; obvious.
- To have in mind as an intention or possibility
- To consider carefully and at length; meditate on or ponder
- To look at attentively and thoughtfully.see
- One bound by legal agreement to work for another for a specific amount of time in return for instruction in a trade, an art, or a business.
- [ˈsʌndei skuːl]
- A school, generally affiliated with a church or synagogue, that offers religious instruction for children on Sundays.
- To raise in rank, character, or status; elevate
- To glorify, praiseor honor.赞扬
- To increase the effect or intensity of; heighten加强,增强
- A position of great distinction or superiority
- A rise of ground; a hill.高地;山丘
- A person of high station or great achievements.高位者
- To rub hard in order to clean.
- To remove (dirt or stains) by hard rubbing.擦掉
- To dislike (someone or something) greatly; abhor.
- To be or become filled or puffed up, as with pride, arrogance, or anger.
- A device for slowing or stopping motion, as of a vehicle, especially by contact friction.
- High regard; esteem.
- To fall from a previous level or standard, as of accomplishment, quality, or conduct
- Having no compassion or pity; merciless
- An often elastic strap worn over the shoulders to support trousers.
- 强心的, 滋补的
- [bləu ʌp]
- To come into being形成
- To fill with air; inflate充气
- To enlarge (a photographic image or print).（照片或印刷品）放大,扩大
- To explode爆炸
- To lose one's temper.发脾气
- To pour out and cause to spread freely.
- To spread about or scatter; disseminate.
- To make less brilliant; soften.
- Having renown; famous.See Synonyms at noted
- To hit heavily and repeatedly with violent blows.敲碎,捣毁
- To damage, as by heavy wear.
- To apply a bandage to.
- Favorable prejudice or bias.
- A special fondness; a predilection
- A person regarded as despicable or treacherous.
- Any of various cold-blooded, usually egg-laying vertebrates of the class Reptilia, such as a snake, lizard, crocodile, turtle, or dinosaur,
- having an external covering of scales or horny plates and breathing by means of lungs.
- The helmsman of a ship.
- One who operates or is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight.
- One who, though not belonging to a ship's company, is licensed to conduct a ship into and out of port or through dangerous waters.
- One who guides or directs a course of action for others.
- Munificent; lavish
- Of or relating to a prince; royal.
- Food or meals considered as a whole
- board and lodging.
- Seeming beyond consolation; extremely dejected
- Cheerless; gloomy
- with patience and humility; gentle.