The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Spaghetti Nadia - San Marzano tomatoes, basil, Parmigiano-Reggiano $20
- Semolina spaghetti cooked in the style of Nadia Santini, who runs a 3 Star Michelin restaurant called "Dal Pescatore", in Lombardia. The tomato sauce is made simply from EVOO, one garlic clove and her homegrown tomatoes.
- The pasta was cooked in salt water for about 2 minutes and then thrown into the sauce to cook completely.
- Our spaghetti will follow this process. The Spaghetti will be finished in the sauce and then topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano, basil and Primolio olive oil.
- The sauce is made from whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes, shaved garlic, basil, olive oil, stock, white wine, boiling water from the pasta and hand-crushed tomatoes, and blended for about 18 minutes until it’s completely smooth.
- Notes: No butter in the sauce — only olive oil, as customary in Southern Italy.
Bombolotti Carbonara - ridged tube pasta, guanciale, natural egg, cracked black pepper, pecorino Romano $25
- Bombolotti are similar to rigatoni.
- For the sauce, we first saute the guanciale and we add the egg yolks, which have been whisked in a bowl with pasta water slowly poured over it, to emulsify it. Then we whip in Pecorino Romano, Parmigiano Reggiano and pepper.
- We then garnish with Parmigiano Reggiano and black pepper.
- This is a typical Roman dish.
Gnocchi - potato dumpling, wild Florida boar ragu, Tuscan red wine $26
- Small potato dumplings made by running baked potato and rised into a fine mill with egg yolk, Parmigiano Reggiano, 00 flour and sea salt.
- The wild Florida boar is from the Everglades region. We marinate the boar shoulder in Tuscan red wine, then we sear it.
- We then strain the leftover wine and add Mirepoix to the pan, deglaze it with more red wine, and add San Marzano tomatoes and veal stock.
- Then, we shred the boar shoulder which has taken a total of 6 hours to cook.
- Add the boar to the sauce and dumplings and finish with butter and Parmigiano Reggiano.
Taglioline Ciro Marina - thin spaghetti, cuttlefish, smoked ricotta salata $26Linguine - long flat pasta, Florida Space Coast neck clams, white wine, rooftop parsley $25
Ravioletto - crescenza cheese, brown butter, Parmigiano Reggiano $24
- The pasta sheet is cooked and shocked in cold water, then wrapped around the crescenza cheese.
- Then, it’s baked and topped with Parmigiano Reggiano, brown butter, garlic, rosemary, sea salt and pepper and 100% truffle oil from Pisa (Toscana).
- Notes: Crescenza cheese is made from cow’s milk. It’s semi-soft and gooey.
- This is a classic Spiaggia dish.
Tagliatelle - whole wheat long pasta ribbons, seasonal mushrooms, sweet onions, San Marzano tomatoes, garlic $23