The flashcards below were created by user
3 tiered system of obligations for prof ethics
1. legalism/law of the land
2. observance of moral rights/laws/duties (beyond what the law defines, compassion, autonomy, kindness, etc)
3. practice of virtue (beyond 1 & 2)
What are the arguments for Paternalism?
1. noninterference potentially goes too far in limiting physicians’ legitimate interventions
2. illness/disease may hinder pt's judgements
3. with noninterference of pt, physician can return control to pt
4. pt may have psychological factors of fear, depression, lack of knowledge
What is hierarchy of medical decision making?
1. informed consent
2. substituted judgement
3. best interest judgement
Phil online quiz 2