The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
The thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
Then He said to them, 'Watch out, be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.'
When tempted, no one can say, 'God is tempting me' for God cannot be tempted, nor does He tempt anyone, but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desires, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full grown, gives birth to death.
So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?
Romans 12: 1-21
- Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God. This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is, his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourselves more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.
- We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if is is teaching let him teach; if is is encouraging, let him encourage; if is is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully.
- Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in nee. Practice hospitality.
- Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud. but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
- Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "'It is mine to avenge; I will repay' says the Lord. On the contrary, 'if your enemy is hungry feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.'" Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
- How can a young man keep his way pure?
- By living according to you word.
- I will seek you with all my heart
- do not let me stray from your commands
- I have hidden your word in my heart
- that I might not sin against you
- praise be to you o' Lord
- teach me your decrees.
- With my lips I recount all the laws
- that come from your mouth
- I rejoice in following your statutes
- as one rejoices in great riches
- I meditate on your precepts
- and consider your ways.
- I delight in your decrees;
- I will not neglect your word.
- But now, this is what the LORD says - He who created you O Jacob, He who formed you o Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
- When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When yo uwalk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
- For I am the LORD, your GOD, the HOLY ONE of Israel, your SAVIOR; I gave Egypt for you ransom, Cush ans Seba in your stead.
- Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for your you and people in exchange for your life.
- In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria. And everyone went to his own town to register. So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem, the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David.
- He went there with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.
- And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.
- But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
- I will set before my eyes no vile thing. The deeds of faithless men I hate; they will not cling to me.
- Men of perverse heart shall be far from me; I will have nothing to do with evil!
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.
Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Jesus answered, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, accept through me."
For by grace, you have been saved, by faith; and not of yourselves. It is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- This is what the Lord says:
- 'Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the stong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches,
- But let him who boasts boast about this:
- That he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth. For in these I delight', declares the Lord.
The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.
Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.
In your anger, do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the Devil a foothold.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.
1 Corinthians 11:1
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.
And masters, treat you slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that He who is both their master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with Him!
- The wise man saves for the future, but the foolish man spends whatever he gets.
- Steady plodding brings prosperity; hasty speculation brings poverty.
1 Corinthians 10:2-6
I beg you that when I come I may not have to be as bold as I expect to be toward some people who think that we live by the standards of this world. For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.
All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
1Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary? Who may live on your holy hill? 2He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart 3and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellow man, 4who despises a vile man but honors those who fear the Lord, who keeps his oath even when it hurts, 5who lends his money without usary and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.
25Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
John 8:31, 32, 34
- 31To the Jews who had believed Him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth adn the truth will set you free."
- 34Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth. Everyone who sins is a slave to sin."
Be very careful, then, how you live-not as unwise, but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.
I Corinthians 4:2
Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
II Timothy 4:2
Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction.
There is one body and one spirit-just as you were called to one hope when you were called-one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one god and father of all, who is overall and through all and in all.
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'
I Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you expect what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
II Timothy 4:2
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of Power, of Love, and of Self Discipline.
Job 32: 8,9
But it is the spirit in a man, the breath of the almighty that gives him understanding. It is not only the old who are wise, not only the aged who understand what is right.
II Corinthians 12:9-10
But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Do not steal. Do not lie. Do not deceive on another. Do not defraud you neighbor or rob him. Do not hold back the wages of a hired man overnight.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
I Timothy 4:12
Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her... In this same way, husbands out to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, replied to the king, 'O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O King. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O King, that we will not serve your gods, or worship the image of gold you have set up.
Do not be overawed when a man grows rich, when the splendor of his house increases; for he will take nothing with him when he dies, his splendor will not descend with him.
I John 5:11,12
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son, has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
- But God said to Jonah, "Do you have a right to be angry about the vine?"
- "I do" he said, "I am angry enough to die."
- But the Lord said, "You have been concerned about this vine, though you did not tend it or make it grow. I sprang up overnight and died overnight.
- But Nineveh has more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left, and many cattle as well. Should I not be concerned about that great city?"
Keep you lives fre from the love of money, an be content with what you have because God has said, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."
II Timothy 2:23
Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
How, then, can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir. Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature, are not Gods. But now that you know God - or rather are known by God- how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?
In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ, have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.
The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name. Day after day, in the temple courts, and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.
Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, o house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the sovereign Lord. Repent and live!!!
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
II Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
I Thessalonians 4:3-5
It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in a passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God.
I Chronicles 29:11,12
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power, and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are the strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.
It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young.
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it.
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
II Corinthians 9:6
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His precepts have good understanding. To Him belongs eternal praise.
For God so loved the world, that He gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.