The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A Pulmonary Circuit
- B Pulmonary Arteries
- C. Vena Cava
- D. Systemic Circuit
- E. Aorta and Branches
- F Pulmonary Veins
What kind of capillaries are these? Name 4 places you can find them? Label.
- Fenestrated Capillaries for absorption via pinocytosis (pinch off drinking). Kissable Gentleman Intimately Exfoliate : Kidney Gall bladder, Intestine, Endocrine Glands
- A: pericyte (contractile cells surrounding endothelial cells of capillaries)
- B:Basal Lamina
- C: Fenestrations from Pinocytosis
- D: Pinocytotic vesicles
- A: Pinocytotic Vesicles
- B. Fenestrae
What are these (arrows)? How are they made? What 2 places will you find them and 1 place where you WILL NOT find them?
Fenestrae enclosed by diaphragms made by glycocalyx pinched off in pinocytosis. Found in intestine & gall bladder for absorption. NOT found in glomeruli of kidney.
Fenestrated capillaries with diaphragms of GI tract& gall bladder @ NO ABSORPTION:
have ____ walls & ____ fenestrae and DURING ABSORPTION ____ walls and ____ fenestrae
• –during no absorption•have fewer fenestrae•thicker wall–during absorption• During ABSORPTION Increased fenestrae and pinocytotic vesicles•walls thin
Label A, B, C, arrow, arrowhead
- A Basal Lamina
- B Endothelium
- C Podocyte
- A: Portal Canals
- B. Central Vein (drains)
- C. Sinusoids (liver)
- All are sinusoids in liver!
What kind of cell is this? Label.
- Discontinuous Capillary (large spaces between endothelial cell)
- A. RBC
- B. Endothelial cells
- C. Discontinuous Gaps between endothelial cells aka space of Disse
- D. ?? Hepatic cells?
- H: Hepatocytes (liver cells) with nucleus, mitochondria & organelles
- S: Endothelial cells and nucleus
- E: Lumen?
- D. Space of Disse
- A face liver endothelial cell
- EV= endothelial pits
- P= pinocytic openings
B face; liver endothelial cell; EV = small dome shaped hemispheres of pinocytotic vesicles; arrows show pinocytotic vesicle necks broken so only the rims of the openings remain (arrows)
Label. Also, what is contained in D?
- A.sinusoids (light pink rows)
- B. Megakaryocyte (2)
- C. erythroblast islet (collection of rbc dark cells)
- D. Red pullp in spleen contains Splenic Sinusoids
- Left: Arterial
- Right: Venule
- A: smooth muscle cell
- B. Venule
- C. Arterioles
- A. Arteriole
- B. venule
- C. Arteriole
- A: Arterioles
- B. Lymphatic Vessel
- C. Arterioles
- D. Venules
Which is an medium vein or muscular artery
- Right: medium vein
- Left: muscular artery
- Left: more tunica adventitia is Median Vein.
- Right: see muscle cells so muscular artery
- A. mesenteric artery
- B. mesenteric vein
- A. Tunica adventitia
- B. Tunica media
- C. Tunica intima
- D. endothelial cells
- E. basal lamina
- A: Endothelium
- B. Tunica intima
- C. Tunica media
- D. tunica adventitia
- E. Longitudinal bundles of smooth muscle