Four key areas of engineering PI's
- 1. Program Personnel
- 2. Program Infrastructure
- 3. Program Implementation
- 4. Equipment/Related Plant Performance
Example of Program Personnel Metric
Staff qualification and Experience, Owner Availability
Example of Program Infrastructure Metric
Program Self-Assessment, Program Benchmark, Document/Database Health
Example of Program Implementation Metric
OE, Human Performance Errors
Example of Equipment/Related Plant Performance Metric
Generation Health, Margins, Unplanned LCO’s
How Pi's are graded
- key area quality points
- Green: 21-24
- White: 18 - <21
- Yellow: 15 - <18
- Red: <18
Where can you find Guidance on developing/assessing/implementing PI metrics?
Appendix A of Engineering Programs Management and Health Reporting Procedure.
What is the purpose of the program/system health reports and when must these be made?
- 1. Gives leaders a more detailed look than what is in the PI’s
- 2. Made for each engineering program whose overall PI is RED or YELLOW
Where can you find Guidance on developing/assessing/implementing System Health Report metrics?
Appendix C of Engineering Programs Management and Health Reporting Procedure.
What information does the System/Program Health Reports include?
- a. Header Block - Program Owner, Section Leader, Colors from Past 4 Quarters, Dates
- b. Summary of Program Status
- c. Summary of 4 Key areas of PIs
- d. Relevant Trending
- e. Exceptions to Grading Criteria
- f. Additional Information
Structure of the programs department at PV?
Purpose of VT
- VT-1: General Condition
- VT-2: Leakage
- VT-3: Mechanical and Structural Condition
Purpose of S
- PT: Performed on nonporous materials to detect discontinuities which are open to the surface
- MT: Performed on ferromagnetic materials to detect surface discontinuities
- ET: Heat Exchangers: Surface Flaws
Purpose of VOL
- UT: Detect flaws in material
- RT: Welds: Inclusions, slag
Where are the program requirements and what drives each program?
Program Requirements: ISI Program Manual and the Inspection/Test/Program Procedure
- Program Drive:
- -Regulation - ASME, ANSI, NRC, EPRI
- -Best Practices - OE, INPO, Self-Assessment, Benchmarking
What is the relationship between component programs and the IST program?
Draw the bubble chart from Holly