Real estate includes land plus appurtenances that benefite the land, including improvements, rights and privileges, and fixtures
- land physical components
- surface rights
- sub surface rights
- air rights (not timber)
who controls the air rights
government (owners may not interfere)
what kind of water rights are riparian, littoral, erosion and accretion?
- riparian is flowing water - river
- littoral is standing water - lake
- erosion is gradual loss of land due to natural forces
- accretion is land buildup from water-borne material
Mineral rights (gold and oil)
you can sell, lease or transfer. May be transferred or reserved by seller
what is personal property called and who retains it
- called Chattel
- everything that is not real estate
- retained by seller
what is IRMA
- Intent - written agreement example: stove, frig, w/d
- relationship - buyer/seller or landlord/tenant
- method of attachment/annexation (means attached) - is it permanent or not
- adaptation - built in or custom made - wood front frig or cooler
what are emblements?
crops - reap what you sow / annually cultivated crops
what is immobility for a physical characteristic?
the geographic location is fixed
what is indestructibility for a physical characteristic?
land is permanent
what is Metes-and-bounds POB?
Point of beginning measure in clockwise direction / begin and end there
Metes and bounds measures... north and south west and east degrees?
- north and south are 0 degrees
- west and east are 90 degrees
GSS - Government survey system in florida is called? what are the Unit measurement for land?
- Tallahasee meridian (which is the principle meridian)
- 36 sections in a township
- 1 township is 6 miles x 6 miles
- 1 section is 1 mile x 1 mile (1sq mile) = 640 acres
- 1 acre = 43560 sq ft
- 1 mile = 5280 sq ft
Government survey system what are the n/s and w/e lines called?
- n/s is range lines
- w/e is tier lines
- example R1E OR T4N
COUNT FROM RIGHT TO LEFT AND DOWN, THEN LEFT TO RIGHT THEN DOWN, ETC.