Four major categories of staff
Requirements of Active Staff (3)
- 1.Maintain admitting/procedural privileges commensurate with his or her specialty.
- 2. responsibility within area of professional competence for the continuous care and supervision of each patient in the hospital for whom he/she is providing services, or arrange a suitable alternative for such care and supervision.
- 3. Actively participate in patient care evaluation, utilization review and other quality evaluation and monitoring activities required of the staff, in supervising initial appointees of his/her same profession, in the emergency services program, and in discharging such other staff functions as may be required from time to time.
- 4. Maintain Medical records timely.
- 5. Anything else required by MEC/Bylaws/Rules
Prerogatives Active Staff
- Attend any meeting