The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Ask yourself about priorities
- *ABC - Airway, Breathing, Circulation
- *Maslow Needs
- *Assess the patient before taking action, When appropriate
- *Have all info/take all actions before calling the doc. In most cases this can be elimated first.
- *which client to assess first (most at risk, most physicologically unstable)
Common intentions include:
- *Small, frequent feedings
- *Recommended fluid intake: "3L/Day"
- *Alternate rest with activity
- *Conserve energy with any activity
- *Risk factors: known modifiable vs. nonmodifiable
- *Prevention and wellness promotion
- *New meds/Self-care instructions
- *Client empowerment
- *Anticipatory guidance
- *Incorporating with the clients lifestyle, culture, spiritual beliefs, etc.
A Few words about words:
- *Healthcare provider: the person prescribing care (physician, nurse practitioner)
- - Physician = doc
- -Prescriptions = orders
- -pt. care tect
- - Nurse assistant