- One's individual opinions,choices,or standards
- To hold in mind; harbor
- A thought,a view,or an attitude based on feeling or emotion instead of reason.
- A formal act without intrinsic purpose; an empty form
- A conventional social gesture or act of courtesy
- Strict observance of formalities or etiquette讲究礼仪
- A formal act or set of acts performed as prescribed by ritual or custom典礼
- vt. seek or pursue something; search
- Extremely bad or unpleasant; terrible
in proportion to
- [in prəˈpɔːʃən tu:]
- Violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign 叛国罪
- A betrayal of trust or confidence.背信
- To regard with awe,deference,and devotion.
- Something,such as a fantastic plan or desire,that causes an erroneous belief or perception.
- An erroneous perception of reality. 错觉
- One of a group of sea nymphs who by their sweet singing lured mariners to destruction on the rocks surrounding their island.
- A device in which compressed air or steam is driven against a rotating perforated disk to create a loud,often wailing sound as a signal or warning.汽笛
- An electronic device producing a similar sound as a signal or warning：警报器
- Demanding great effort or labor; difficult
- Testing severely the powers of endurance; strenuous艰难的
- Lasting only for a time; not eternal; passing
- Of,relating to,or limited by time时间的
- Of or relating to the material world; worldly世俗的
- Preservation or deliverance from destruction,difficulty,or evil.
- Deliverance from the power or penalty of sin; redemption.
- Agonizing physical or mental pain; torment.regret
- To demonstrate or prove to be just,right,or valid
- Comfort in sorrow,misfortune,or distress; consolation
- Intended to entrap; treacherous
- A solemn supplication or request to a superior authority;.
- A trapping device,often consisting of a noose
- To permit; allow
- To endure or bear; stand：忍受,容忍,承受
- To experience; undergo：经历;经受
- Characterized by kindness and warm courtesy.
- To agree,correspond,or harmonize
- To reestablish a close relationship,as in marriage
- To bring under control; conquer
- Relating to or connected with the armed forces or the profession of arms
- To set out for display or use; place in an orderly arrangement
- To yield or surrender (oneself) to the will or authority of another
- v. To fasten or secure with or as if with a rivet.
- n. A metal bolt or pin having a head on one end,inserted through aligned holes in the pieces to be joined and then hammered on the plain end so as to form a second head 铆钉
- To form (metal,for example) by heating in a forge and beating or hammering into shape
- To fashion or reproduce for fraudulent purposes; counterfeit：伪造,仿造
- n. An earnest request or petition; a plea
- To make a humble,earnest petition; beg
- To request earnestly; beg for
- To turn away;To ward off (something about to happen); prevent
- To reason or plead in protest; present an objection.object
- To ask for humbly or earnestly,as by praying.
- To make (oneself) bow or kneel down in humility or adoration
- A chair occupied by an exalted personage,such as a sovereign or bishop,on state or ceremonial occasions,often situated on a dais and sometimes having a canopy and ornate decoration.
- To appeal to in supplication; beseech; To beg for urgently; entreat
- To reject disdainfully or contemptuously
- n. Disparaging or haughty disdain,as for something base or unworthy; scorn
- Impossible to estimate or compute
- To strive in opposition or against difficulties; struggle
- n.竞争 奋争
- A struggle for superiority or victory between rivals.
- A resort or application to a higher authority,as for sanction,corroboration,or a decision 诉诸
- An earnest or urgent request,entreaty,or supplication 上诉;呼吁
- n. 军队
- An army.
- One who receives or entertains guests in a social or an official capacity.,东道主
- The emcee or interviewer on a radio or television program.主持人
- Arousing fear,dread,or alarm
- Difficult to undertake,surmount,or defeat
- An opponent; an enemy. opponent
- To divest of a weapon or weapons
- To assign to a position; post
- Lying on the back or having the face upward. pronely
- Having the palm upward. Used of the hand. 掌心向上的
- Tending to delude,misleading
- Having the nature of a delusion; false 欺骗的
- Something apparently seen,heard,or sensed,but having no physical reality; a ghost or an apparition
- Incapable of being overcome or defeated; unconquerable.
- To possess or exercise authority or control.
- On the alert; watchful. See Synonyms at aware
- The right or ability to make a choice.
- The act or power of electing.
- To make a sharp,hard,metallic sound
- An extensive,level,usually treeless area of land
- To lessen or attempt to lessen the magnitude or seriousness of,especially by providing partial excuses.See Synonyms at palliate
- A very strong wind
- Greatly valued; precious
- The route or path