The image and “feelings” associated with the brand
Define your Brand Personality
After reviewing your mission, vision, promise and promise statements, write a one sentence Brand Personality statement.
Think of ways to describe your personality such as fun, sophisticated, sexy, practical etc.
5 things The Brand Identity Statement should Include:
- 1. offering, primary benefits
- 2. target market
- 3. your position relative to you rcompetition
- 4. business promise
- 5. Brand Personality Statement
Types of Names
Owners Name(s)- Rarely develop into strong brands without significant marketing $’s. Celebrity names are an exception to this rule
abbreviation names (ie: IBM, AOL)- Exudes no personality and/or benefit. Require significant marketing $’s to establish
Geographically Anchored- Conveys the benefit of being “local. Often blur into other names with the same geographic handle.
Borrowed Interest & Fabricated Names- ( Apple, Starbucks, Google, Microsoft)-
Are very unique & easy to recall. Require lots of marketing $’s to establish.
Descriptive NamesConvey the nature of the brands offeringsand/or business promise
6 characteristics The Best Names…..
- Reflect your chosen brand personality
- Are descriptive of your offering
- Create an association to the meaning of yourbrand
- Are easy to say & spell
- Are unique & memorable
Key Concept: Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC)
Coordination of promotional efforts for maximum consistency, branding, & persuasive impact.
Your IMC starts with your logo. The logo and colors you select will be a part of your advertising & packaging years to come.
Logo Colors Should….
- Reflect your brand personality
- Differ from your major competitors
- Use a maximum of three colors
- Also look good in black & white
What is a Tagline?
A phrase that accompanies your brand nameto quickly translate your positioning & identitystatements to consumers
Three Core Branding Elements
1. Reputation Management- Working to in sure that customers have positive experiences &spread good word-of mouth. (Includes good customer service, warranties, public relations, etc.)
2. Positioning - Seeing that your brand is properly positioned in the consumers mind relative to the competition (better, faster,cheaper, or different)
3. Face of the Brand – The name, logo, tagline,advertising, website, etc.