What AR covers military justice?
What is UCMJ?
Uniform Code of Military Justice.
Its prescribes criminal for soldiers.
What does UCMJ establish?
1. declares what conduct is a crime.
2. establish types of courts.
3. sets procedures for administration of military justice.
What is an Article 15?
non-judicial punishment for minor offenses imposed by a commander.
What is the aim of Non-judicial punishment?
1. Correct, educate & reform offenders.
2. Preserve a soldier's record
3. Dispose of minor offenses in less time and personnel than trials by courts-martial
Under what article is non-judicial punishment imposed?
Who may imposed an Article 15?
Any commanding officer, including warrant officer excercising command.
Does a person have to accept an article 15?
No, a soldier has the right to a trial by court martial.
What kind of extra duty is an NCO given by an Article 15?
What form is used to request that a superior exercise Article 15 authority.
DA Form 5109
What are the two categories of an Article 15?
1. Company Grade
2. Field Grade
What is a Company Article 15?
Imposed by a company grade officer.
What is a Field Grade Article 15?
Imposed by a field grade officer.