- author "me"
- tags "N295 test 2 set 4"
- description "N295 test 2 set 4"
- fileName "N295 test 2 set 4"
- freezingBlueDBID -1.0
- What are the 4 movements of drugs studied in pharmacokinetics?
What does Parenteral mean?
Not in the digestive system.
What does Intrathecal mean?
In the spinal fluid
What are some do not use abbreviations?
- U instead write unit
- IU instead write international unit
- QD.... Instead write daily
- No trailing zeros
- No lacking leading zeros
- MS instead write morphine sulfate
What is another name for hives?
What is the word for "in the spinal fluid"?
What is another word for "not in digestive system"?
What are contraindications for a drug?
Situations in which drug use should be avoided or alternatives considered. Most common are pregnancy or lactating.
What are precautions in drug use?
Disease states our clinical situations in which drug use involves particular risks or where dosage modifications are needed.
What are three different kind of drug interactions?
- Drug-natural products
Define drug interaction
Any modification of the action of a drug by another substance
What are the 6 rights to medication administration?
- Right patient
- Right medication
- Right route
- Right dose
- Right time
- Right documentation
What are two sources of carbs?
Starches and sugars
How much is one serving/15 carbs if cooked pasta or baked beans?
How much is one serving/15 carbs of starchy vegetables like cooked beans, corn, peas, sweet potatoes and squash?
How do fruit verbs break down to one serving?
- 1/2 large fruit
- 1 tennis ball size fruit
- 1/2 grapes or cut up fruit
- 1 cup jasons 3 fruit
- 3/4 c blueberries
- 1 1/4 c watermelon, strawberries
Dried fruit carbs?
- 1/4 c dried fruits
- 2tbsp raisins
Fruit juice carbs?
- 1/2 c apple and orange
- 1/3 c grape and cranberry
How many carbs are in milk and yogurt?
- 6oz light yogurt
- 4oz sweetened yogurt
- 1c milk
Non starchy vegetables carb count?
What is normal fasting blood sugar?
What is the rule if <70 bs?
Follow 15/15 rule
What is the 15/15 rule
- If BS <70
- Administer 15 grams of fast acting CHO. Recheck the BS in 15 minutes.
How many units are in regular insulin ml?
How many units are in a ml of U-500 insulin?
What is sick day protocol?
- Monitor BS more frequently.
- BS trends to rise during illness.
- May require more insulin.
- Add ketone urine testing.
- Continue taking intermediate and long lasting insulin.
- Weigh yourself frequently.
- Reminder to eat maybe even 15g CHO every hour